Windows ten reset

birdz's Avatar birdz4/6/16 11:24 pm
1 emeralds 268 7
4/7/2016 12:05 pm
tobbestark's Avatar tobbestark
I reset my computer to factory setting after I installed windows 10 by accident but I forgot to copy and save my mincraft worlds. because of this I lost a LOT of progress on a world ive been working on for years. I cant find it in my recycling or anywhere else. does anyone know how I might be able to find the worlds I lost?
birdz
Level 16 : Journeyman Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/07/2016 12:05 pm
Level 44 : Master Architect
tobbestark
Some people might say you can't get DATA back. But that's wrong, you can't get OVERWRITTEN DATA back. The thing is, when you delete a file you only mark that data as deleted. Later on the computer can use that same data to store other files in, but the file is only deleted when the file's data is overwritten. And when you restore to fabric settings you format (delete) the whole disk. That means if you haven't installed any other things on the computer, you might have a chance to restore the file. There are many companies out there that can recover your whole drive, if you want that. But if you just want to recover you minecraft stuffs, you can use programs like Recuva or EaseUS that can recover them, mostly for free. EaseUS is a bit more powerful in my opinion as it can recover a whole partition.
04/07/2016 11:37 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Architect
birdz
ok thanks for the help guys, I didn't loose a huge amount just a chunk of annoying work I don't wanna repeat
04/07/2016 12:53 am
Level 22 : Expert Cowboy
fartcrafter
Oh my, bad decision man, sorry to tell you but, it's gone
04/07/2016 12:44 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
04/06/2016 11:54 pm
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
If I'm reading reset correctly, it is impossible to get stuff back short of paid advanced data recovery that would give you corrupt data at best anyways.

Sorry, you're done unless you used a method that was designed to save certain bits of data (you said factory reset, so I wouldn't count on it). Even then, the chance is very unlikely that it saved minecraft files at any rate. Ya might have to accept GG on this one :/ I know the feeling as I recently had a USB get critically damaged with years of work on it, and all was gone in a mere day.

(2 hotfixed typos. Sheesh, can't I spell today ^.^)
04/06/2016 11:43 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Knightsundere
You're boned, mate. MAYBE you can get them back from some deep core registry or something (I'm spitballing that, I really have no idea), but they're kinda gone, man. Sucks :/
04/06/2016 11:37 pm
Level 44 : Master Architect
Lachie1770
Sorry to say but its gone... A Computer reset = Goodbye unsaved files.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome