Forumskeyboard_arrow_right Minecraft - Java Edition keyboard_arrow_right Modding

Create Forum Thread

Any alternative to forge for adding multiple mods?

1 emeralds4 replies112 views
created 07/15/2019 2:22 pm by _TURTLES_
last reply 07/19/2019 11:25 pm
I uninstalled forge for a while and now that I'm trying to reinstall it i keep downloading WebDiscovery and Big Farm Good Game. I used a virus scanner multiple times but after the first one no other threats were identified. However, my browser is acting slightly strange and at the top of my screen i cant move a window or desktop shortcut up past a certain point. I dont know if the virus is avoiding my virus scanner, and that freaks me out because they did this through forge and i wonder if any other viruses have been installed into my computer thanks to forge. Is there any safe alternative?
Posted by avatar
_TURTLES_
Level 1 : New Miner

comment Login or register to post a reply.

4 replies

07/17/2019 1:05 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
Born_0f_Fire
I use the Twitch Launder for all my modding needs.
07/15/2019 3:00 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Modder
Geforce
Forge is completely safe, as it's open-source. Are you downloading it from its official download page (found here)? Do not download Forge or mods from any other site, such as 9minecraft or mcmodsdatabase, as they frequently add malware to their downloads.
07/15/2019 4:00 pm
_TURTLES_
youre right, i didnt consider that. i had a basic memory of what the website looked like and the site i found was very similar to the actual site. thanks!
07/15/2019 2:30 pm
_TURTLES_
I just restarted my computer after writing this and the problem seems to have fixed itself. However, I still am not gonna try downloading forge again and put my computer at the risk for permanent damage, especially considering it technically isnt mine since I share it with my sister. Once again, does anybody know a safer alternative to forge?

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
planetminecraft.com

Welcome