Forumskeyboard_arrow_right Minecraft - Java Edition keyboard_arrow_right Modding

Create Forum Thread

Controlling minecraft from C, C++ or python

1 emeralds2 replies66 views
created 11/16/2019 7:23 am by TT_392
last reply 11/19/2019 4:03 pm
I want to create a sort of minecraft autopilot for some experimentation. The only problem I have is that I don't really know any java. I do know C++, C and python though. Therefore I am looking for some sort of translation layer.

Something that would probably ideal would be something like the KRPC mod for kerbal space program. This mod sets up a little local server that you can communicate with over TCP and get telemetry out of and commands into to controll a rocket. This way you can communicate with the game using all sorts of languages.

I am planning to use this on a multiplayer server where I have permissions to basically use any kind of hacked client so legality isn't really an issue, but it does mean that I need to be able to get it to work on someone elses server.

Does anybody here know if anything like this exists or have any ideas to get something simular working.

(My alternative would be modifying an open source hacked client, but that would take a long time as I would need to learn a lot about java first. (also java just really doesn't seem like a language I would like.))
Posted by avatar
TT_392
Level 1 : New Miner

comment Login or register to post a reply.

2 replies

11/16/2019 8:42 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Unicorn
HoboMaggot
Using my extremely limited knowledge of code, i'm pretty sure to make something that affects minecraft, you have to convert c, c++, python --> Java

Maybe something like this will help you: https://www.tangiblesoftwaresolutions.com/product_details/cplusplus_to_java_converter_details.html

Then again you need to learn the insides of minecraft first, so this might be useless
11/19/2019 4:03 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
TT_392
Yea, sorry, this really isn't what I am looking for. If there is no other way than just straight up writing a mod, I am gonna do it in java. Converting other languages to java is just gonna be a lot worse than straight up learning java. I was hoping on finding something more like a mod that acts a bit like an API.

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Website

© 2010 - 2019
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome