DownGit is being super-duper fussy right now.

Hebgbs's Avatar Hebgbs1/21/21 4:23 pm history
1/24/2021 8:56 pm
ioblu's Avatar ioblu
Recently, as someone who loves to distribute a bunch of things through this platform, I've been using DownGit as I've so far not figured out how to make multiple instances of the same mod with a different theme available. (That, and I find it easier to manage, and it encourages people to at least check out Git as a content hosting platform.)

My intention is to make accessible through PMC derivative works which source uses CC-BY-SA 4 real soon. The thing that sucks is I can make valid links with DownGit, but DownGit has occasionally not been working.

So later on today, if you try to fetch anything I have in my Git repo through a DownGit URL, then I apologize, but there is nothing I can do about it. What I can surmise is the possibility Minhas Kamal's access to the entirety of GitHub is being rate-limited, something that may be resolved with time. On behalf of him, I apologize for this inconvenience, and I thank you for understanding.

If you know any alternatives to DownGit I can use, let me know! I checked out GitZip but that only allows users to download archives for themselves, not share download URLs publicly. Sucks that, because GitZip preserves file names which means anything using the section sign (§) for filename formatting in Minecraft is preserved, whereas with DownGit it's not.

Have a wonderful day! And GG PMC for 3M users!
Hebgbs
Level 47 : Master Archer