I know how to set up 1.7.10 mod development workspaces

a weeb programmer's Avatar a weeb programmer9/9/20 10:18 am history
1 emeralds 2.4k
So, forge might've dropped support for 1.7.10, but, if you can still install it into minecraft, you can also still make a mod development workspace if u want to make mods on 1.7.10. Sure, you might've tried doing that and it says BUILD FAILED and it shows links in the command prompt saying HTTPS required. I can solve that. Keep in mind that you need to have java jdk and eclipse installed. I will go over the steps now.

STEP 1: Go to the forge page and download the 1.7.10 forge src.

STEP 2: Create a new folder on the desktop or wherever u want and put the contents of the forge src zipped folder into the folder that you created.

STEP 3: Before you open the command prompt and set it up, delete the gradle folder.

STEP 4: Go to the forge page again and download the 1.8 forge mdk

STEP 5: Open the forge 1.8 mdk and put the mdk's gradle folder into the folder that you created in step 2

STEP 6: Open the command prompt and browse the command directory into to the folder you created in step 2 by typing this into the command prompt: cd <file path>

STEP 7: run the command: gradlew setupDecompWorkspace

STEP 8: if you did everything right, it should say BUILD SUCCESSFULL

STEP 9: before you close the command prompt, run: gradlew elcipse

STEP 10: open eclipse and click: file > switch workspace, then navigate to <the eclipse folder inside of the folder that you created in step 2>

STEP 11: happy coding :D
a weeb programmer
Level 25 : Expert Modder