Issue: Minecraft Crashes Whilst Initializing Game

LeenaV4/11/20 2:59 pm
1 emeralds 4.8k 7
4/19/2020 3:05 pm
LeenaV
Hi - I recently installed a Forge installer for Minecraft 1.15.2 (specifically, installer version 1.15.2 - 31.1.43). When I opened the .jar file, a command prompt screen briefly appeared before disappearing, but the installer itself didn't open. I looked up the issue to find that it was relatively common. A video from WhiteTech recommended running Jarfix.exe, and when I ran it, the installer ran just fine, so I installed the client.

Upon opening the Minecraft launcher, I switched my installation to a separate mod version and put my mods in the designated mods folder (preview_OptiFine_1.15.2_HD_U_G1_pre13 and SoundFilters-0.13_for_1.15.2). When I ran Minecraft, though, the game started to load for a few seconds before crashing, to which I received this error message when the launcher reappeared:

The game crashed whilst initializing game
Error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class net.minecraft.util.registry.Registry

If anyone knows what's up and would like to help me out with this, it would be a huge help. Thanks!

-Leena
Posted by avatar
LeenaV
Level 19 : Journeyman Robot

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/19/2020 3:05 pm
LeenaV
LeenaV avatar
UPDATE: I downgraded both my mods' versions and Forge version to 1.14.4, and it seemed to load normally. It remained on the loading screen for around half a minute before the window closed, then reopened again with the Mojang logo showing up with the loading bar. I remember it was at the last part of loading when the text explaining what Forge was doing had read "Freezing data." Then, Minecraft promptly crashed again. While I downgrade a little further, here's a link to the crash report.
04/11/2020 5:11 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
User2989270G
User2989270G avatar
I just got the same error myself. It seems to be a problem with Optifine because after removing it the game launches fine.
04/11/2020 9:34 pm
LeenaV
LeenaV avatar
Thanks for the info! I'll see if I can use a different version.
04/11/2020 9:51 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Miner
icephantom
icephantom avatar
The optifine you are using is a preview version, i.e. not complete.
I've tried optifine before on 1.15.2, but its not compatable with all latest versions of Forge. You are using the latest version of forge, you may have to downgrade a few versions before you find one that its more stable with - until they update optifine to a newer version.
04/11/2020 10:10 pm
LeenaV
LeenaV avatar
Gotcha, sounds good.
04/11/2020 3:19 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Modder
Geforce
Geforce avatar
That's just the first two lines of the crashlog. Post the entire log here using paste.ubuntu.com. If the launcher doesn't give you a direct link to the whole log, you can find the log in .minecraft/crash-reports.
04/11/2020 9:32 pm
LeenaV
LeenaV avatar
Alrighty, here's what I got: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/9YnHmtg48V/
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2022
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome