MCreator

Heroder55's Avatar Heroder555/11/19 8:00 am
5/14/2019 3:08 am
thedutchlord's Avatar thedutchlord
Is MCreator good to install if I use mcreator.net ? I don't want to have my computer attacked. What's the answer?
Heroder55
Level 14 : Journeyman Cake

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/11/2019 10:33 am
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Creeper Hugger
luxmiyu
MCreator is definitely a heated topic. Before you do anything at all, read the site's rules and also make sure to follow PMC's Terms of Use and MCreator's Terms of Use if you really want to avoid any trouble.

With that out of the way, here's what you need to know:
MCreator is a tool. It automates most of the process for developing mods. Programming knowledge is not necessary but you may tinker the code or add your own if you wish so.

But whatever you do..
- Do NOT plagiarise content, don't use copyrighted material without permission.
- Do NOT spam or create low-effort content. Be original and creative, make something that people will genuinely enjoy.

In other words, the use of MCreator is allowed on this site, the rules do not ban it in any way, as long as you follow the points listed above.
05/11/2019 8:10 amhistory
Level 35 : Artisan Fish
true buttercreeper6
Also, it is against the website's rules to post content made in mcreator

EDIT: so, according to others, it is allowed, just be careful that is not lazy or copying some else's work. I was told a while ago that the program itself was not allowed because I made the mistake of uploading a mod I made on mcreator that was really basic.

All in all, just be careful
05/11/2019 10:44 am
luxmiyu
It is not against the website's rules, if used correctly.

Publishing spam, low-effort or copyrighted content is not allowed. MCreator makes it easier to do so, but is not responsible for it. It's the creator's decision to break these rules.

And the rules state "Do not generate content with programs. You can use tools to aid in the creation of your content. It can't solely be generated by an automated process or algorithm. Credit any sources you use."

However mods with MCreator aren't "solely generated by an automated process or algorithm", it requires the creator to come up with ideas and implement them, as well as create assets for them and figure out how they work together. What makes a mod enjoyable is its content, the idea, not its code - the code is automated but the idea behind the mod isn't.
05/11/2019 8:18 am
Heroder55
What if I do not upload on this website?
05/11/2019 8:28 am
Level 37 : Artisan Nerd
Gundamit
You're still using other people's work with little to no effort of your own. Avoid Mcreator. Take a coding class.
05/11/2019 10:50 am
luxmiyu
"other people's work" isn't really correct here, MCreator allows the use of the content if you follow its Terms of Use. If you use MCreator to make mods that use copyrighted material, then your mod should be banned; if you make low-effort/spam content, then your mod should be banned as well - but MCreator has nothing to do with that.

Also, I'm a web developer, and I have very little free time to learn and develop mods for Minecraft, I enjoy brainstorming ideas and making them a reality, MCreator lets me do that. They are my ideas, and I create the assets for them, I don't use copyrighted material without permission, I've read the rules and I follow PMC's and MCreator's ToU, so I'm not breaking any rules.
05/11/2019 9:32 am
Heroder55
Well, mcreator has the coding function and i DO have some books with coding, but i like the Scratch-like coding in mcreator.
05/13/2019 8:21 am
Heroder55
I asked whether MCreator would attack my computer, but it seems that almost everyone answered about rules. It looks like it is safe. Am I right?
05/14/2019 3:08 am
Level 33 : Artisan Architect
thedutchlord
If you use the original website and download link you will have the biggest change of a safe download, but there is always an chance of the website being hacked to corrupt the download.
05/11/2019 11:18 am
Level 48 : Master Magical Boy
videogamer1002
bro wtf why does everyone hate mcreator
05/11/2019 1:05 pm
luxmiyu
Lots of people just make low-effort/spam content, really terrible mods that were probably made in 20 minutes.. All of those bad mods make people think it's all MCreator's fault.

It's not true, MCreator just made it easier to make mods. So people with no real dedication whatsoever make mods that no one wants, and spam the mods list for no reason. It's just terrible for everyone making mods that are genuinely enjoyable :c
05/11/2019 8:41 am
Level 33 : Artisan Architect
thedutchlord
Why have I never heard of mcreator? (but as I see the comments it may be better not knowing it)
05/11/2019 3:58 pm
Heroder55
It is a program to generate code to mods, but it is not against the rules of PMC.
05/11/2019 8:01 am
Level 37 : Artisan Nerd
Gundamit
Isn't that the one that has you copy/paste existing public content?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome