(SOLVED) Newbie to using mods, please help

BrandyBear's Avatar BrandyBear9/21/19 12:19 am history
1 emeralds 704 5
9/24/2019 1:18 am
Trhod177's Avatar Trhod177
***UPDATE***

It turns out it was working using the most current versions of each, BUT the mod I got working isn't the same as the one my friend was using on Xbox. I found the correct version on the Minecraft Marketplace for 660 Minecoins, which makes sense, as he had to pay around $10CAD for it. The mod I have does indeed spawn lucky blocks, but it's not the same thing.

The mod I tried is cool because it gives a player something useful to do with gold, and the mod is FREE, where what I was trying to get isn't. Thank you to all who tried to help :)

***ORIGINAL POST***

I am trying to get the Lucky Blocks mod to work. It comes from minecraftmods.com This is the one that H2O Delirious and Gorillaphent and their bunch make their Minecraft videos about.

The instructions say to D/L Minecraft Forge for 1.12.2. My version of Minecraft Java edition is 1.14.4.

When I d/l the 1.12.2 version of Forge, I couldn't even see it in the mods list.

After various things I tried, I figured maybe use the most current version of Forge and the Lucky Blocks mod, because they SHOULD be compatible.

When I did this, and load Minecraft, I go to the Installations, click on Forge 1.14.4. When that loads, I click the Mods button I click the Lucky Block 7.9.1 on the left and it shows the mod information. I click Done. When I click Single Player, it loads a regular biome from the main game. The Lucky Blocks mod only uses one specific map, according to me watching my partner play the mod on Xbox one. I am doing this on a Windows 10 laptop if that helps.

Is there something I am doing wrong? I would have asked them if they had a forum like this, but there isn't one. I have never used a mod for any game before and would really appreciate some help with this. Thanks!
BrandyBear
Level 1 : New Miner