To Build Below Bedrock

SpasticShadow's Avatar SpasticShadow6/3/20 7:49 pm
2 emeralds 4.3k 15
6/7/2020 7:27 pm
SpasticShadow's Avatar SpasticShadow
I am not sure if this should be placed in discussion or modding, mainly because what I wish to do, I would like to do in a purely vanilla world, however, it does require editing of the save file of the world for it to work properly.

What I wish to do is simply put, create a sanctuary below the world within the void. (Below Bedrock.) Now I understand that you could do this using shulkers to build under the world and possibly using worldedit to edit the shulkers to your liking, but I would like for this to be in a multiplayer world where people can freely build below ground with great difficulty and using Elytra's.

What I desire to know is if using tools like the NBTExplorer to edit the world save so one can remove/extend the build limit below bedrock to -64. If someone can post a clear how-to to do this, that would be lovely. Thank you and have a great day.
SpasticShadow
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/03/2020 11:07 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Miner
icephantom
I've never heard of anything, including with Shulkers that can build below bedrock. If one thing could do it, then everything could, but its a hard-coded limit to the game - unless its been introduced very recently and I've not been keeping up with events.
The only way I know to go beyond that limit is to use this mod :

https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/opencubicchunks
06/04/2020 3:59 amhistory
SpasticShadow
Would it be hard-coded into the game itself, or to the save file of the world that was made? I understand that through CubicChunks that where it differs from regular Minecraft is that instead of it loading in a 16x256x16x chunk space, it rather loads chunks by 16x16x16x making it as you said, go beyond the limits. I am simply trying to edit the world save file so in it would allow 16x(256x+64x negative)16x (If that is to much, remove the top build height from 64 and allow that 64 to be within the void, making the top build height x192 from 0 with the addition of building into the negative by x64.) All I can say why this has to be is because of a story that I am trying to help build.
06/04/2020 5:37 am
SpasticShadow
I see, I just read into it and shulkers and shulker boxes are completely different as one is identified as an entity and the other is an actual block... I still want to truly find out if I can increase the build depth of the world and not just the build height within a non-modded world.
06/04/2020 10:46 pm
icephantom
I have done a little more research and still I am unable to find anyone who has managed to put a block below level -64. Even water and lava flowing down comes to a stop when it reaches the void.
The limit is hardcoded into the game, not your save files.

The only thing I can think of if you don't want to use cubic chunks is to use a world editor like either MCEdit or World Edit and move your entire world up 30+ blocks, or use the 'Custom World' function within Minecraft itself to create a world with 30+ air blocks at the base of the world and lift sealevel up to 94.

I've no idea how Jolly Winter has put a block in the void and have it stay there. When Notch put the limit in place, it was to reduce the amount of lag when the world first got generated. If the world went down unlimited and up unlimited, then that would cause a huge amount of lag and become impossible to play, hence the introduction of a limit going down, and a limit going up.
06/05/2020 8:02 amhistory
SpasticShadow
Just to give you a little information about the subject: https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/77dd4t/i_made_a_void_house_below_bedrock_out_of_shulkers/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/9tupfw/and_they_said_you_cant_build_below_y0/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/3na4ei/the_abyss_settlement_under_the_void/
It's not necessarily blocks, but shulkers are both considered entities and blocks, therefore it can enter into the void. Now I just want to know if people can world edit the blocks like this.
06/05/2020 10:31 pm
icephantom
Interesting, hadn't thought of entities. However, from the effort put in and the result achieved, doesn't seem worth it to me. I'd still think about using 'Custom World' and raising sea level when creating a new world, that way, it would continue to generate to your specs, rather than having a small area, which sounds like it would be very laggy with something that you can do very little with.

To answer your question about signs and painting, a sign is a block, so unlikely to work. A painting is an entity, but as in one of the posts you directed me to, a painting needs a solid block behind it, so although you can place one, it'd disappear after a few seconds.

I assume if a modder created entity blocks like shulkers and re-skinned them to look like standard blocks, then you might get that to work, however, it is unlikely to get rid of the lag issue, and you still wouldn't be able to do much down there, other than visit the place. It's not like a standard user could start building and farming, etc. I understand you have a specific purpose for such a thing, but still, sounds like a lot of effort with little return. Anyway, good luck with your project.
06/04/2020 11:19 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc2747568
[deleted]
06/04/2020 10:04 pm
SpasticShadow
Two questions for you then, what was the command for the command block you used, and once you did build in the void, what lag if any did it cause?
06/04/2020 10:50 pm
anonpmc2747568
[deleted]
06/05/2020 8:05 amhistory
SpasticShadow
Well let me know more once you do so. Generally how many entity/blocks is it worth before you get lag, and if you have the resources to world edit, are you able to do so with them being in the void and does that mitigate the lag? More curiously because why not, can you post signs or picture frames connecting to the blocks in the void?
06/06/2020 8:47 pm
anonpmc2747568
[deleted]
06/07/2020 8:59 am
SpasticShadow
This is awesome, thanks so much for sharing!
06/07/2020 2:48 am
anonpmc2747568
[deleted]
06/07/2020 7:07 pm
SpasticShadow
This is not what I meant, but thank you for trying, even in your misconceived notion.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome