Unable to get resource packs to function

guardian1816's Avatar guardian18169/21/19 10:02 am
1 emeralds 205 4
9/22/2019 7:15 am
guardian1816's Avatar guardian1816
I know I am going wrong somewhere, but my solution has been to watch youtube videos and try what the people there show. So far I have installed about 4 new programs on my computer and updated a few more.

I saw a post on here that explained (in an easy to understand way) how to install mods on this game, but of course now I cant find it again.

I just want to install a specific texture pack into my game. FLOW HD. So far I have downloaded a map as shown by yourtuber Craftstones which was supposed to do it, but did nothing. Probably just some shameless plug to get more downloads on a map.

Why cant this be simple. Download file, put it here, start game. My mind is so mush from trying to figure out what info is complete BS and whats the truth because everyone contradicts what everyone else is saying.

Anyone out there able to forward me to a thread that dumbs it down for players like me? If you could even put the instructions in here I would be very grateful. Right now ill be lucky if I havent downloaded a virus.

Game Version 1.14.4 and the stuff ive downloaded claims to be compatible with that

Already have forge even though im not real sure what it does.
guardian1816
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/21/2019 11:08 amhistory
Level 43 : Master Wolf
Hardcrafter
The map really doesn't matter for having resource packs. First and foremost, you'll want to find the FLOWS HD pack on this site, just search in the search bar, it should be there. Then download the file for 1.14.4 and once completed you need to place that file in the "resourcepacks" folder in your .minecraft directory. You can find this in-game by going into your options/settings and picking "Resource Packs" and then clicking "Open Resource Pack Folder". Place the FLOWS HD 1.14.4 file in the resourcepacks folder. After refreshing your game window you should find FLOWS HD in your list of "available packs" click on the icon for the pack and it should move into "selected packs". Click "done", then voila! The resource pack has been applied!
09/21/2019 10:32 am
guardian1816
I now have a folder on my desktop with all the files inside it. I just need to know where to put it on my pc
09/21/2019 11:19 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Architect
DeviousLrd
If the file with all the files on your desktop contains the resource pack, all you need to do is go into .minecraft and put it in the 'resourcepacks' folder. (To get to .minecraft you need to type %appdata% in your search bar, then go into .minecraft.)
If it is the map, do the same, but go into the 'saves' folder.

If the above doesn't work, then go into the resource pack, and open the pack.mcmeta (with a text editor of somesort) then see the pack format. If it is pack format 1-3, then it wont work with 1.14.4. It needs to be format 4
09/22/2019 7:15 am
guardian1816
Thank you both for your help. I was now able to get this to work.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome