Why are more player models skins not working

reitaylorsversion's Avatar reitaylorsversion3/19/24 4:16 pm history
4/10/2024 3:35 pm
reitaylorsversion's Avatar reitaylorsversion
Ive been dealing with an issue for a while now of more player models not working with my HD skins, I'm hosting them on imgur and its not down, so im confused, I'm using version 1.12.2 (Both mod versions have the same issue for 1.12.2)
Every time i change the skin model it appears as steve.
If anyone could help itd be perfect

Edit: Issue was resolved, if youre hosting on imgur apparently theyre changing how they host so try to use discord or something else!
reitaylorsversion
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/05/2024 2:31 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
Ikari
It seems they're changing some things with how they host images your best bet is to try hosting off discord instead but that's also being a bit weird on occasion and sometimes only allowing it for 24 hours but that's the best information that I've been able to find in the official discord for more player models
04/10/2024 3:32 pm
reitaylorsversion
That actually worked! Ill see how it plays out in the future but for now this is the best thing ever
04/04/2024 4:20 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Zekerz3TV
it might be corrupted
04/10/2024 3:32 pm
reitaylorsversion
It was the hosting service, also i redownloaded the mod which didnt fix the issue, but i got the issue fixed now thanks!
04/04/2024 4:18 pm
Zekerz3TV
are you checking the code in the mod?
03/25/2024 4:03 pmhistory
User4282224G
Im having the same issue, Ive tried adding new skins to MPM but its just going to the default steve skin, even on previous skins ive had since WAYY BACK are now all steve! Im not sure whats going on but its so annoying, if you find a fix lmk!
04/04/2024 4:12 pm
reitaylorsversion
Okay so me and my friend are not crazy, ive searched all over the internet and i havent gotten anything in weeks but at least im not the only one.
04/10/2024 3:35 pm
reitaylorsversion
Its the hosting service! If youre using imgur try to use discord, if you cant experiment with other hosting services
03/20/2024 11:33 am
Level 36 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
I'm not sure vanilla MC supports greater than 64x64 pngs for player skins (although BR goes to 128x128 IIRC).

Attempting to ling to a file MC views as illegitimate would be expected to revert to the defauilt 'Steve' skin, which seems to be what you are describing.
04/04/2024 4:11 pm
reitaylorsversion
I am using more player models, which is a mod that has hd skins as one of the features, its only defaulting to steve suddenly
04/05/2024 12:08 am
Level 36 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
With the report of someone else having the problem that would seem to point to either the mod or its interaction with MC.

No idea is any of these will work, but you may wish to try (assuming you've not already):

Testing an older version of the mod

Testing with an older version of MC

Testing the last combination of mod and MC versions you know worked (both with a skin that previously worked and a new one)

Testing a skin hosted other than at IMGUR (probably a longshot)

As noted, please publish if you find what is going wrong (and hopefully a solution)…
04/10/2024 3:34 pm
reitaylorsversion
I have found the issue and edited this post to help others! It was the skin hosting because theyre changing things
03/19/2024 7:08 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Pokemon
Apro87
Oh... I don't think HD skins were a thing during 1.12. I don't think it is supported. Tell me if I am wrong.
04/04/2024 4:10 pm
reitaylorsversion
they are supported when using the more player models mod, but theyre suddenly defaulting to steve with no warning
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome