forum Forumsplay_arrow Minecraft fiber_manual_record Mods

Best tool for custom mobs in MC 1.9.4?

1 emerald6 replies55 views
created 02/11/2019 4:21 am by Zelascelar
last reply 02/12/2019 4:34 pm
Hey, I wonder if there's a good way to modify/make custom mobs for vanilla Minecraft 1.9.4, or if mods are needed?

I need to modify mobs the most, because I try to make my adventure map mod-free, right now it's vanilla only. But if I need to switch to mods, I dunno where to go or what tool to get?

One case is that I try to make Iron Golem hostile, been googling like a mad man and haven't found yet.

I'm still pretty new with all the Minecraft tools, what you can do in vanilla and can't do. I've heard about
MCreator? Also this, but I'm not sure if that's the way to go or if there's anything better?

https://www.spigotmc.org/threads/tutorial-creating-custom-entities-with-pathfindergoals.18519/

I probably have to go with mods anyway since I need custom camera angles at this point. I feel like a total beginner and I regret not diving into all this at an earlier point. So I'm lost and not sure where to look first.

Posted by avatar
Zelascelar
Level 1 : New Miner

6 replies

02/12/2019 4:39 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Architect
Gilran
02/12/2019 7:17 am
Zelascelar
This seems really interesting, I can work alot with this. Thanks!
Bonus question, my map is currently in MC 1.9.4. Once I tried moving from 1.8.9 where I originally created it and all sort of bugs happened.

Is it safe to move to 1.13 with my map - like do I have to change alot of commands - and do MCstacker have more options at 1.13?
02/12/2019 4:34 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Architect
Gilran
No it isn't safe. The generation is really different, if you use single. But if you create a server with multivers core you can put in it, but errors can occur.

MCStacker has 1.13 use this: mcstacker.net/
02/11/2019 9:46 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
iTzCascadexX
If you want to compromise and set up a local server for yourself, you can use MythicMobs. It's a great tool for altering mobs in any way at any point. Just a thought.
02/12/2019 6:58 am
Zelascelar
I guess pepople who wants to run the map could host their own server with the Mythic addon, even if it's a hassle? I'll look into it, thanks!
02/11/2019 4:24 am
Zelascelar
I have a thousand questions and don't want to spam forums, so just wonder where to look for a collected sort of guideline to learn more advanced Minecraft stuff?

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
planetminecraft.com

Welcome