Can't Install MineCraft Forge or Mods ;(

_Sariix's Avatar _Sariix4/30/13 12:20 am
1 emeralds 4.1k 8
9/29/2013 4:48 pm
loodlers's Avatar loodlers
Hello, I'm obviously new to the forum, but I've researched my particular problem and have found no answers...

Okay, as instructed, I've downloaded the most recent minecraft forge (universal) file, deleted the META-INF file in my minecraft file, and when I go to transfer the Forge files into the minecraft file, I simply am not allowed. I get an X on my mouse cursor, and I simply can't place the file anywhere in the folder.

I have Windows 7 with a 64 bit OS, and I've opened up the minecraft file with both Winrar and 7 zip file manager, and doing the whole process of %appdata% + .minecraft + bin + open minecraft via Winrar, and I sadly can't do anything beyond that.

I've looked at a number of How To videos, no one has this problem, I've looked up questions online and have found no solution... =( What's going on? All I wanted to do was play minecraft Pixelmon haha... How can I fix the issue?
_Sariix
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/29/2013 4:48 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
loodlers
i have the same problem!
09/27/2013 11:33 pm
Adventureslug
im on a mac if that helps please help me ;(
09/27/2013 11:31 pm
Adventureslug
I REALLY NEED HELP PLEASE HELP ME. So today somehow my minecraft force updated to 1.4 when i tried to install shades so i had to redownload minecraft forge and pixelmon was gone , are all of my pokemon gone?????? Plaese help and i dont know hot to reinstall the pixelmon thing, im really sad and the maine thing i want to know is if i mange to download pixelmon again will all my pokemon still be on the world i play on. Please help the only reason i made a pm account was so i could ask this question and is there a better place i can ask this question, so sad

-Thanks Adventureslug
05/01/2013 7:03 pm
_Sariix
Hey guys, thanks so much for your help! I thankfully got forge and pixelmon working. Not exactly sure what I did, but after tinkering for about two hours, it finally started working! Again, thank you guys so much for the help!
04/30/2013 3:15 pm
Level 24 : Expert Ninja
PengoPenguinRocks
when i face that i restart my computer and SocialP2 is correct that is a extremely useful site
04/30/2013 3:11 pm
Level 25 : Expert Spelunker
SocialP2
Hey!! I know a really good website (Its Not Mine!) all you do is look for a mod you want.Click it.Scroll down.Click to download it.Download it.Open it.Click "Install Mod". And Bobs your uncle.Its downloaded.

The website --> http://www.skydaz.com/category/skydaz-installers/
04/30/2013 2:19 pm
_Sariix
Indeed I am, but the same issue occurs where I can't drag them over. I've opened both files with Winrar and with 7zip, but to no progress made. =/ It's a very disheartening ordeal.
04/30/2013 12:23 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Miner
krugle
Are you opening both minecraft.jar and your forge with winrar and selecting all folders in the forge.rar and dragging them over to the minecraft.jar window?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome