Converting a 1.10 mod to a 1.7.10 mod? How can I achieve this?

JestersJest's Avatar JestersJest8/14/17 1:11 pm
1 emeralds 346 6
8/14/2017 5:34 pm
FlashfireEX's Avatar FlashfireEX
How would you revert a mod from a newer version to an older version
Like from a 1.10 Mod to a 1.7.10 Mod, would it be almost doing the same step as updating them, but in reverse?

Would be great to receive quick a response please
JestersJest
Level 27 : Expert Toast

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/14/2017 3:14 pm
JestersJest
Update

Been searching myself, what I have found that seems to help a little is this:
http://www.wuppy29.com/minecraft/1-8-tutorial/updating-1-7-to-1-8-part-1-setup-mod-file/#sthash.DGVN8Z0W.dpbs

I will keep searching, please if anyone knows anything leave a comment
08/14/2017 1:30 pmhistory
Level 38 : Artisan Modder
FlashfireEX
There are all kinds of changes involved in this process such as changing methods back to their old mappings. You may lose some functionalities by having to use an older version of Forge. You'll also have to get rid of the JSON models and use the code equivalent (not sure exactly how this is done since I started modding with 1.8). It's an annoying process and usually developers just tell their users to update since I'm pretty sure the general developer view is that it's outdated and needs to be left in the past.
08/14/2017 2:55 pm
JestersJest
Thank you for the reply, but would it be easier if the so called mod was simple. Do you by chance know any source that shows or has a good example of the old mapping?
08/14/2017 5:34 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Modder
FlashfireEX
When I'm porting, I just use the code of the original version with the mappings for the one I'm porting to and I look in the classes the missing methods are calling for similar signatures with similar names. I imagine this is harder for backporting and even harder for large version differences.
08/14/2017 1:17 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Mage
jayislost
I think you just have to delete it and redownload the older version. I don't know how to do that otherwise. Hope this helps :) Also sub to me if u like my page <3 it would help LOTS
08/14/2017 2:57 pm
JestersJest
If there was an older version XD, also if it is a mod I made. The there won't be any hopes of older downloads >_<
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome