Data Pack question

Captain_Awesum's Avatar Captain_Awesum8/30/18 10:18 am
1 emeralds 373 5
8/30/2018 12:30 pm
Captain_Awesum's Avatar Captain_Awesum
Is it or would it be possible to turn Xaero's Minimap into a datapack? I havn't a clue what the limitations are for datapacks, but would love to see it as a datapack.
Captain_Awesum
Level 33 : Artisan Dragon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/30/2018 11:07 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Warrior
LastGenerationGamer
Don’t think so?
08/30/2018 10:58 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
Plain and simple: no.

A datapack is nothing more but a collection of vanilla options such as specific advancements, functions (which are basically collections of vanilla commands), structures, and so on. They can somewhat enhance the game, but they cannot change it in drastic ways such as with mini maps.

Basically: a datapack can only do whatever you can do in-game as well, nothing more.
08/30/2018 11:25 amhistory
Captain_Awesum
really? that seems odd, would have thought it wouldn't be anymore impossible than something like Furniture Datapack
08/30/2018 11:51 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
That is what I'd call a hoax. It's not a real datapack but a resource pack (which changes the look of existing blocks) and which got somewhat combined with a datapack. I'm not even convinced that it works, but I'm not really interested in trying.

Bottom line though: all the datapack section does is set up some functions (vanilla commands to run) and some recipes. Recipes which use existing blocks:

{
"type": "crafting_shapeless",
"ingredients": [
{
"item": "minecraft:crafting_table"
}
],
"result": {
"item": "minecraft:structure_void"
}
}

No more, and no less.

But this does not compare at all to setting up a minimap. Minimaps are a completely different ballgame.
08/30/2018 12:30 pm
Captain_Awesum
fair enough, don't know enough about coding to know what's what. Perhaps some clever person could use the in game map system to affect something similar. Was just curios if it were posible, i'd quite like to have a minimap in game.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome