Help with pricing for an economy mod -no code XP required!

Fureniku's Avatar Fureniku7/20/13 6:48 am
1 emeralds 176 3
7/21/2013 9:58 am
Fureniku's Avatar Fureniku
Hey guys,

I need some help with deciding on a price list for all vanilla blocks/items in my economy mod, so I can add the economy to village traders and begin working on player shops.

It's quite a big project and this is a very important part of it- If I get this wrong, the mod will flop and die. So, I want as much feedback as possible! I have no idea where I should start.

There is only one currency so exchange rates aren't an issue. All I need to do is make a price list of all vanilla blocks and items. For the sake of simplicity, all prices for now can be in Dollars, so for example:

Cobblestone: $4.99

Thats an example, don't take that as an actual price.
Finally all prices are for a single block/item- no stacks, I'll work bulk discounts once I have a list going.

Thanks to anyone who helps I'll keep track of anyone whos price I agree with and include the list in an extended_credits.txt in the mod's download.
Fureniku
Level 88 : Elite Modder

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/21/2013 9:58 am
Level 88 : Elite Modder
Fureniku
I know I can base prices off one another. What I'm looking for is a good base price to start off

@TheDeguMiner

Can't really look at other mods; I don't know of any other forge mods which have an economy like this.
Also, side note; emeralds wont be anywhere near as useful with my mod installed, as trading will use the currency I'm adding instead of emeralds. It's a small downside to the mod really, but I will be adding some sort of way to cash emeralds in (probably a new NPC which buys them or something)
07/20/2013 9:59 am
Level 1 : New Miner
TheDeguMiner
Well now, you could review the prices of other mods to get a basic idea but if you want the overall prices to be higher or use small change, then you can just scale them up or down.
I suggest that you have something that is a "base price" that all the other prices are calculated from, the least valuable thing in the game, such as dirt. You can decide on the prices by comparing the item's rarity to its usefulness. Naturally, diamond will be one of the highest things, with other ores scoring lower.
You could say that lapis is rare, but it's not very useful, so it scores below emeralds, which are a bit rarer and useful for trading. If you want to sell ores, you might need to think differently.
Just keep comparing them to each other and remember rarity and usefulness and you should be able to have something that works. Happy to have helped you.
07/20/2013 9:20 am
Level 20 : Expert Network
Imadbush
It depends how much money cobblestone is but for example.
It should be how rare the item is compared to cobblestone
Just say cobblestone cost $3 dollars
And diamond is 100 times rarer than cobblestone(not actual number)
So what you should do
Y=rarerity to cobblestone
Z=price of cobblestone
Y x 1.5 x Z
The 1.5 is there to make a bigger distance between prices.
To find the rarity either look it up or see how many times rarer its is to cobblestone in a 64x64x64 area.
To find unnatural blocks or items add the rarity of all the items in the crafting recipe together then repeat the
Y x 1.5 x Z.

Thats my idea. I hope you like it
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome