How to make a block flammable in MCreator? (MC 1.12.2)

Dark_Lord_Prime's Avatar Dark_Lord_Prime5/14/18 10:51 pm history
2 emeralds 1.2k 4
8/5/2018 6:00 pm
ComputerCraft32's Avatar ComputerCraft32
So I've manage to make a "dead leaves" block with MCreator, exported it to a .jar, and successfully loaded it into Minecraft with Forge.

I can place the block and build with it, but I need it to be flammable and... it isn't.

I've been trying to search for help, but Google is basically useless as usual. I got the impression that MCreator had an "is flammable" setting at some point, but it no longer exists or is hidden very well now.

I've been trying to learn Java, but I've not made much progress and looking at the code for the block in MCreator just makes my eyes glaze over and my brain try to shut down. :(

Is there something I'm missing? I thought the whole point of MCreator was being able to make mods without having to be able to code.

Is there another, more user-friendly/intuitive GUI-based mod building software I could try?

Alternatively, is there already a mod that adds new leaf blocks, particularly dead/brown/Autumn leaves?
Dark_Lord_Prime
Level 20 : Expert Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/04/2018 12:02 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Skinner
TheDiamondGamin
Just change the material to fire or lava when you create it
08/05/2018 5:26 pm
Level 20 : Expert Miner
Dark_Lord_Prime
I don't want the blocks to be burning, I want to be able to light them on fire so they burn away and reveal the entrances to various underground chambers. (I'm building the original Legend of Zelda.)

Older versions of MCreator apparently had a check box in the block creator tool to make the block flammable, but it's no longer there and I cannot figure out how to modify the Java code it creates to change it, so I have dead bushes which are fireproof despite the material being set to leaves or grass.

It comes in handy for places where the burnable bush is surrounded by other bushes with no space between them, though. I created a fireproof green bush to surround the flammable bush with so only the target bush burns away, but I cannot get the color to match Minecraft's "natural" bushes, so my fireproof ones are slightly lighter green.

I know the actual textures are grayscale and Minecraft colors them according to the biome, but I haven't been able to figure that out, either. I took a screenshot of the "real" bush in-game and manually cloned the colors on my own texture, but it still somehow doesn't match. *shrug*

I've learned how to detect when I player is in a certain spot, though, and I'm working out how to detect if they use flint-and-steel and then swap out the target with a square of fire to simulate the effect, so I will get it done. ;)
08/05/2018 6:00 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Modder
ComputerCraft32
Go into leaves source code and copy it, then edit it too how you need it.
05/15/2018 6:37 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Ranger
ThatTonyboo
I haven't used MCreator in ages, but I remember the old setting at some point. Maybe look for some kind of property when making it that could relate? If it isn't there, or in the events area, I'd suggest posting on the Pylo/MCreator forums. They got good enough support over there.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome