Mod Idea, would like input.

Xandread_X's Avatar Xandread_X10/21/16 8:40 pm
1 emeralds 319 2
10/23/2016 7:15 pm
Xandread_X's Avatar Xandread_X
Hello I have an idea for a mod and decided to post about it to see if someone has ever heard of something similar and if not maybe give me their opinion on the concept.

So after quite a lot of playing minecraft on survival and having a server that i use worldguard on for builds, I started thinking what if you could do something to make blocks stronger.

So what if you could Enchant blocks with something like Unbreaking, or something similar to thorns, or even a regeneration in which the wall would repair by different speeds scaling with the lvl of the enchantment.
I also was thinking that setting the cap for some enchants (unbreaking) to double of what the cap for weapons and other tools are.
Enchanting blocks would work by using them on a enchant table and just like tools except you can do them in batches of 16, 32, or 64 blocks for so much per amount.

so as an example say you have a diamond pick normally it would obliterate a normal stone block but with a lvl 7 unbreaking it might take much longer maybe 30 seconds. or obsidian with lvl 7 unbreaking and using a reg diamond pic taking 90 seconds and with full efficiency enchantment taking 20 sec. This is all a conceptual example as i have not actually made a chart for the times and scaling of them yet.

With that said most blocks could be enchanted as well as doors, etc. prob not redstone.

I was hoping this could give raid and survival servers better feeling on ease of a raid and motivate more to build structures above the ground with traps and such. It probably would have a rust raiding feel to it.

Well that's it for now tell me what you think, is it possible, any thoughts or opinions id like to hear them,
Xandread_X
Level 28 : Expert Miner