Mod Making?

taycat34's Avatar taycat345/5/18 8:20 pm
1 emeralds 245 3
5/5/2018 11:48 pm
_ccc_inactive's Avatar _ccc_inactive
So I've been searching for a way to make mods without knowing how to code... All I'm finding is how to make blocks and such but I want to make something like a flying broom that you can ride on. I'm aware there is mods for that particular thing but there are other things like that I want to make. Also, ways to add things to the player model. (Like MPM for example) Any ideas?
taycat34
Level 1 : New Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/05/2018 11:48 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Crafter
_ccc_inactive
The trouble with looking for a "mod maker" is that, as you get more specific, you need a way to communicate those ideas to the program. That communication gets more precise and requires more features until you require a full, turing-complete...

...programming language.
05/05/2018 9:34 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Engineer
LukeSky5000
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by MPM, but if you really want to get into modding, you WILL have to do some programming. And there are very good tutorials on youtube for this. WAIT! Don't stop reading yet! While getting into programming can seem to be difficult, and modding can be complex, if you're really interested in exploring it, I highly recommend starting by learning how do write plugins. You can do a surprising amount with them while also finding countless youtube tutorials on them. However, best of all, plugins are (well for the into level at least) very simple and can serve as a great introduction to programming (both plugins and mods are written in the same language: Java) that can easily be transferred over to forge modding.
This being said, if you're really set on going into modding, feel free to. But understand that its going to be a very large jump where you'll have to not only manage files(such as file names having to match unlocalized names vs the block name), but also understanding/using code properly.

I hope this has been helpful. Feel free to reply if it was and or if you have further questions ;)
05/05/2018 9:08 pm
Level 24 : Expert Modder
Nevermind3476
The two things you are describing are somewhat complicated and WILL require you to know how to code. There are very severe limitations to what codeless mod makers can do and you can't expect them to do everything.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome