Player Alert

elfin8er's Avatar elfin8er10/21/13 3:55 pm
10/25/2013 2:02 am
elfin8er's Avatar elfin8er
First of all, before I start, if somebody can do something like this in Python, that would be AMAZING! I know it's possible, however, I haven't seen it done yet.

Pretty much, I had this idea of a mod that alerts you either via sound, text message, or both (sound and text message), when a specific player joins the same server you're on. I'd like to have this done without any extra plugins, or server-side modifications (ie. enabling query inside of server.properties). I know this is possible to do in Python using packets, however, a mod would be ok as well.
elfin8er
Level 17 : Journeyman Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/24/2013 11:01 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Programmer
Cyentw
Minecraft is run on java, so so are the mods. You'd need to write it in java rather than python. Alsoooo, you cant make such client side mod work on servers unless your opponents are using is aswell. sorry, but this'd need to be a plugin.
10/25/2013 2:02 am
elfin8er
I don't think you're understanding. Ok. So if it were written as a mod, you would simply login to the server, and when a specific player logged into said server, you would be notified.

Now if it were written in python, you have two options. The first option would be to query the server and check if the specific player is logged in. The problem I can of with this is that the server would have to have querying enabled in their server.properties file. However, you wouldn't require any alt accounts that would have to be logged into the server.

The other python way would be with packets. I'm not exactly sure how the entire thing works, but you send the required login packets to the server, then you request for packets with player information. Then the program would just have to check if the specific player is online.

karrthus1
elfin8er
Pikamoar2121try looking in "Shops and Requests" forum for people that will take plugin requests to make

-Pikamoar2121

I'm not asking for a plugin. I'm asking for a mod.

if it is a mod all the people who want to play on the server will have to have it installed...a server plugin would be much better for this case

I don't believe so if it's not a server-side mod. Surely this could be a client-side mod. The server already sends packets to the client about servers. That's how we get the tab player list.
10/24/2013 10:42 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
Punkamoar
try looking in "Shops and Requests" forum for people that will take plugin requests to make

-Pikamoar2121
10/25/2013 1:56 am
elfin8er
I'm not asking for a plugin. I'm asking for a mod.
10/25/2013 2:01 am
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
if it is a mod all the people who want to play on the server will have to have it installed...a server plugin would be much better for this case
10/24/2013 10:29 pm
elfin8er
Bump?
10/23/2013 4:45 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Dwarf
spires33
ya i have so many ideas for plugins this may never be done cuz not one has been done for me -.-
10/24/2013 11:03 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Nerd
Tudedude100
If you want I can make a plugin for you. Just tell me. You can't complain about no one helping you if you never asked

This sounds like a really good idea BTW, but I can't think of a way you would be able to easily make that...
10/23/2013 5:15 pm
elfin8er
D: There's gotta be forums somewhere dedicated to modding.
10/23/2013 4:15 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Narwhal
bethenna
I think a plugin would be better suited if it's for servers
10/23/2013 4:29 pm
elfin8er
I agree, and there are some plugins that could be made to do this. Unfortunately, for some of the bigger servers, it's hard to get a requested plugin put on the server.
10/23/2013 3:55 pm
Level 48 : Master Answer
-Rusty
That'd be cool. Sorry I can't help you.. :/ But if you get this mod tell me :P
10/23/2013 3:50 pm
elfin8er
Bump?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com