Taking ideas for a mod with over 45 K views!

FiskFille's Avatar FiskFille6/29/13 8:38 am
7/2/2013 2:11 am
FiskFille's Avatar FiskFille
Hey guys, this is Fisk, and today I am going to start recoding my most famous mod, the Elemental Swords mod! So, why am I posting a topic? I am willing to take ideas for the mod, and of course credit the user who came up with it. Just post your suggestions and I'll try to reply ASAP!

If you want to see what mod it is, here is a link!
FiskFille
Level 96 : Overlord Fish

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/02/2013 2:11 am
FiskFille
*Bump*
06/30/2013 3:11 pm
Level 27 : Expert Ninja
notchthederp
Tremor Sword? Knockbacks the opponent like Knockback III and gives them dizziness, like they have just been hit by a tremor?
06/30/2013 3:18 pm
FiskFille
Nice, I like it!
06/30/2013 2:56 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Ladybug
McJackson3180
Umm let me think a minute...
06/30/2013 3:05 pm
FiskFille
Yes...?
06/30/2013 2:34 pm
FiskFille
*Bump*
06/29/2013 9:18 am
Level 49 : Master Blob
Hysteralite
I have multiple ideas.

1. Weapon Levels: For example, just like your exp bar, if you kill more mobs with the sword, the power gets stronger. For example, if you make a poison sword, at first, it leaves a 5 second poison effect, but as you use it more it becomes a 15 second poison effect.

2. Some Sword Types: Warning, there are a bunch of chiche ones, but some original too

Paralysis Sword: Makes a player stand still for a configured amount of time (a bit OP, it should be a bit expensive)
Crit Sword: Increases chance of critical hits
Poison Sword: Deals poison effect
Fire Sword: Sets opponent on fire
Ender Sword: Teleports opponent 10 blocks away from player after opponent is hit with sword

3. Ores

You can mine fire ores or fire essence ores to craft the fire sword
You can mine crit ores or crit essence ores to craft the crit sword
etc.

4. Mobs with weaknesses

For example, there will be a fire mob or something that the grass sword doesn't do much damage to but the water sword will do a lot of damage to

5. Hybrids

For example, this works with #4, if you put a fire sword and a water sword in the crafting table (shapeless) you can get a Fire-Water Sword, which is super effective (Pokemon reference) ok both Grass and Fire, because both types are combined. However, it is not so effective on both Water and Electric, because Fire is weak to water and water is weak to electric.

The following suggestions don't have to do with swords, but are related to other ideas een here and will be cool to make.

6. Furnaces

For example, you can make a fire furnace out of fire essence ores, and the furnace cooks certain food really fast or something. Or you can make it so that the essence ores can be used as fuel for furnaces.

7. Arrows and Bows

You can make elemental arrows with the essence ores (feather + stick + fire essence makes a fire arrow) that do certain things depending on the type.

Also, elemental bows (fire essence ores + string = fire bow) can be made to be more efficient. It is better to have a electric bow that shoots regular arrows as if they were electric arrows and strike lightning on the location of the arrow as it hits a surface, then having a normal bow that requires you to keep having to make electric arrows.

Hope you liked the feedback!
06/29/2013 9:20 am
FiskFille
Man! Your post gave me alot of ideas! Make sure to check out the mod like a week or so after the 1.6 update! I want to keep control of the views and downloads! :3
06/29/2013 9:11 am
Level 21 : Expert Nerd
Aeternalis_
Perhaps making it so enchantments influence the effects? In a different way than they normally do?
06/29/2013 9:18 am
FiskFille
That's actually a pretty good idea! I will concider adding it!
06/29/2013 8:58 am
FiskFille
Nothing? You will indeed be credited!
06/29/2013 9:14 am
Level 36 : Artisan Network
Charlizard
Please only bump your post every 24 hours.
06/29/2013 9:22 am
FiskFille
Okay.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome