Seasons mod that changes day and night lengths?

beszt91's Avatar beszt9111/14/16 11:52 pm
1 emeralds 2.1k 4
11/16/2016 12:00 am
beszt91's Avatar beszt91
Hey! I had an idea for a mod that I thought would be really cool, but I don't know how to code so I thought I could post it here and see what others think of it, and if they might know how to do it!

My ideas are:
1 year: 364 days, each of the 4 seasons are 90 days
Each full day would still be 24000 ticks, but each day, depending on the season, the time/tick that the sun rises and sets could change.
On the first day (when you begin the world) the cycle would begin on the first day of Spring, the sun would rise and set at the default game times.
Normal day: 1 (first of Spring)
Longest day: 92 (first of Summer)
Normal day: 183 (first of Fall)
Shortest day: 274 (first of Winter)
Spring (day 1-91): Day 1: sun rises and sets at the normal time. Each day after 1, the sun rises 16.6666 ticks (1 in game minute) earlier, and sets 16.6666 ticks later.
Summer (day 92-182): Day 92: longest day of the year. Each day after 92, the sun rises 16.6666 ticks later, and sets 16.6666 ticks earlier.
Fall (day 183-273): Day 183: normal time, same length as day 1. The sun continues to rise 16.6666 ticks later, and sets 16.6666 ticks earlier.
Winter (day 274-364): Day 274: shortest day of the year. Each day after 274, the sun rises 16.6666 ticks earlier, and the sun sets 16.6666 ticks later.

After day 364, the cycle repeats.

tell me what you guys think! Maybe someone will want to make this as a mod?

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Day-night_cycle
beszt91
Level 23 : Expert Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/15/2016 10:54 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Architect
starcatcher77
There is something pretty similiar to your idea, it has a "bit" tacked on though:
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projec ... t-festival
11/15/2016 10:05 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Cyborg
Pepijn
Due to how short Minecraft days are in real time, the change of day time will be barely noticeable, if at all (assuming the whole Minecraft world is at a fixed longitude near the "equator"). It would be more interesting if you combine this with the actual longitude of your position in the world. The farther North or South you move from the equator (0,0), the more you notice these changes (and different biomes only appear at certain longitudes, could be cool?).
11/15/2016 4:56 am
Level 28 : Expert Pig
Dark_Alpha_
It's a really neet idea, but if a year would be 364 days every season would have to be 91 days since you would otherwise have 4 unused day's every year.

It would also be really neet if you could change the leaf and grass color depending on the season. This could be done by changing the colormap texture of minecraft. The grass and leave color in every minecraft biome depend on the colors of these two textures.
These files can be found in the minecraft assests>minecraft>textures>colormap.
It would also be really neet if you could make it so that crops in the open air won't grown in winter and die in late fall.
11/16/2016 12:00 am
Level 23 : Expert Engineer
beszt91
i made a typo in my description thats why they're only 90 days lol i meant to fix that
another thing that could be cool is if moving east and west could affect the sun/moon position in the sky like it does in real life. also, trees, except spruce, could have their leaves all die during late fall and winter.

if the x or z axis could be the equator, that could also affect day lengths and leaf/grass colors during the different seasons.

world generation could be changed too; biomes like cold taiga, snow plains, ice spikes, cold mega taiga etc. could generate far north and south, say 75000+ blocks from the equator and get more extreme and have longer, even 24 hour days or nights dependihg on season the further in you go (i know the whole map is 30 million blocks or something in all directions, but explorers won't wanna travel that far)
biomes like taiga and mega taiga could spawn after that closer to the equator but still far
biomes that are any forest or plains, swampland, would go next
and at the equator and nearby would be jungles, deserts, mesas, etc.
biomes like extreme hills, oceans, rivers, etc would be spread throughout the world, as they can be found in places that are warm or cold.

pretty much i just want a mod that makes the minecraft world like the actual earth lol
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome