Shaderpacks and Custom Sky Texturepacks

SilverKytten's Avatar SilverKytten10/11/16 10:36 pm
1 emeralds 3.8k 6
10/13/2016 6:02 pm
SilverKytten's Avatar SilverKytten
EDITED FOR BETTER INFO
Alright, bare with my inability to explain things properly, please.

I'm trying to take some fancy screenshots to use for random digital art projects, however, I'm having some issues getting my shader pack to play nice with custom sky packs so that I can have clouds.

I've already gone through and changed "const float sunPathRotation" to 0.0.
My render distance is much higher than 8. (Far/Extreme)
The only shader pack I've found that does what I need and that actually works is KUDA
The resource packs I've tried are Dramatic Skies, Clouds Pack, and Realistic Clouds Faithful
The modpack I'm running also has these mods (Plus or minus a couple, but they should all be inconsequential - I'm the only one having these problems out of the handful of people who run shaders on this modpack [::EDIT:: Confirmed theory, works even with a fresh slate, no mods other than Forge, Optifine, and Shader mod.])

My laptop is a piece of crap
Don't get me wrong, I love my laptop ... It's just not meant to do these things.

So, here's the problem:

This is what KUDA is supposed to look like
With a sky/cloud resourcepack, I assume, I'm actually not sure if shaders can add clouds or not.

This is what I'm getting
With AND without sky/cloud resource packs

The sky/cloud resource packs work PERFECTLY, without shaders
BEAUTIFUL AS HECK, RIGHT?

I tried to use Chocapic, a shader pack that I was told is supposed to work really well with sky/cloud mods, but
Even though the clouds worked, (I know they look wrong, that's probably very easily fixable by editing configs) it doesn't actually add any "shading" to the blocks AND

It still renders everything else as pitch black, especially noticeable once I turn off the resource pack, just like every other shader pack I try to use

So, the question:
Does anyone know what may be causing this stupid stuff?
Is there any workaround to get the sky/cloud mods to show through the shader pack? I'm fine with the sky not being changed by shaders, as long as I can get the clouds.
SilverKytten
Level 46 : Master Blockhead