SpeciesCraft! a mix of Spore and Minecraft!

SyntaxError73's Avatar SyntaxError7311/23/13 7:35 pm
3/28/2014 1:28 pm
fritzfun123's Avatar fritzfun123
Have you heard of a game called Spore?
I'm mixing that concept in with a simulator called Species, and putting those concepts into Minecraft!!!!

Here is how SpeciesCraft works.

First you need to craft a blank mob egg. basically a pure white version of a mob egg.
(use a dud egg, which will be explained later, and craft it with a chicken's egg)

After you have a blank mob egg, you need to add life, a jar of life is obtained by killing a passive mob with a life extractor bow!

then add the life of that animal to the blank mob egg. It will make a template egg. (a brown version of the blank mob egg)

NOW! for creature creation!!! you use body parts that you craft. You need a mob's leg, arm, body, head, and tail (which can be obtained by killing a passive mob, tails are optional)

Take the mob's body part and add dyes. the recipe should be like this. Three dyes on the top, and a body part in the middle. (the three dyes go from left to right, determining the base color, the markings, and the details in that order)

now take iron blocks and build a 3x5x3 species chamber, 5 being the height. a species builder block should appear as a blue iron block in the middle of one of the sides. right click it to insert a template egg, which should bring up slots for body parts of the animal life in the template egg. so If you killed a chicken, and put a chicken's life into the blank mob egg, the template egg should make certain spots appear that makes a chicken-like animal. but if you made a template egg with a cow, the Species chamber will develop a cow-like animal.

Place the body parts in the correct spots, the far right should be the head, far left should be a tail. and in the middle, add one or two leg parts (one leg part makes a two legged animal, two leg parts make a four legged animal. the second leg slot should be for the wings or arms for a chicken-based creature)

Then add some more life from any mob. this will determine its behavior! (if you put wolf life in the species, you will get a mob that attacks you when you hit it)

Name your species and spawn it with the four colored eggs it gives you. (these eggs will be the same color for the species, but the color for the four eggs is randomly chosen, if you make a new species, the four eggs will have a different color than the first four).

The BODY PARTS!
*Heads
-beak (like chickens and other birds, choose carnivore or herbivore in species chamber GUI.)
-jaw (like most animals)
-mammal(choose carnivore or herbivore in species chamber GUI.)
-reptile(obtained when you put a dragon egg into a crafting table, choose carnivore or omnivore in species chamber GUI.)
-amphibian(obtained by combining a raw fish and a reptile mouth, carnivore only.)
-radial (like leech mouths, obtained by combining a raw fish and a reptile mouth, carnivore only.)

*Bodies (determine shape of overall species)
-Mammal
-Reptile
-Bird
-Two legged reptile (like a dinosaur)

*Legs
-mammal (adds speed)
-amphibian (adds swimming)
-bird (adds jumping attack)
-reptile (adds climbing)

*Wings/arms (for two legged creatures)
-bird (adds flight)
-bat (adds quick turn)
-arm (adds damage bonus)
-reptile
-primate

*Tails
-reptile (adds speed)
-Mammal
-wolf (adds health)
-ocelot (adds balance, or avoidance of sheer cliffs)
-amphibian (salamander tail, adds swimming)

DUD EGGS!!!
-given in dungeon and mineshaft chests, also dropped by a special type of chicken
-these eggs don't hatch into anything when thrown.

Survival of your species!!!
Species will seek a mate by themselves, but ONLY if their mate is the same species.

Species will hunt if carnivore (not their own species, unless you add zombie life in species creation, causing cannibalism)
Carnivore species will panic or attack depending on what life essence you put in it.

Species will graze if herbivore and will panic when attacked.

Species will eat a balanced diet if omnivore! Will panic or attack depending on its life essence.

Baby species are more vulnerable, so build something around them to protect them.

TO MUTATE:
-craft a syringe using a glass bottle and a gold nugget.
-Right click your species to take genes from
-Right click another creation to infuse the first creatures genes.
-wait for the second creature to reproduce, giving its offspring the mutation (mutations will randomly choose themselves based on the mutations the first creature has)

If creature is mutated enough, it will start to look different! (body parts mix and match)

Your species will populate the area you spawned it in. and some will dominate over others. some will go extinct, and others will mutate.

as the creatures become smarter (based on days of survival), they will form packs! packs are stronger when together!

CONCLUSION:

I want this mod to have every feature I described. and I also want it to be a server compatible mod.
This mod should be made for 1.6.4. If 1.7.2 mods come out before it is made, I would like someone to update it to 1.7.2

[we need separate models for each body part, and I want them to be able to be mixed up and still align.(like necromancy mod)]

If this is a good idea, please comment to show your support!!! you don't have to say you want to develop it,
just show me you like the idea!!!

Thank you, and bye!!!

[this same post was made by me on Minecraft forums]
SyntaxError73
Level 22 : Expert Explorer