Where Should I Start On Learning To Code in Java

Bigmanjakester's Avatar Bigmanjakester6/15/14 10:49 pm
6/16/2014 10:44 am
piratescott's Avatar piratescott
I need some advice on where to start learning how to code in java, so I can move on to Bukkit Plugins, and Minecraft Mods
Bigmanjakester
Level 2 : Apprentice Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/16/2014 10:44 am
Level 40 : Master Pirate
piratescott
Start with some YouTube tutorials there was a really good one, I'll try find it now for you. The thing about coding is once you get the hang of the basics, the rest of it just gets easier to learn and the only thing that ever seems to slow you down is never a big issue, but a small one that will have the easiest result but will take hours to find. (From my experience anyway)
06/16/2014 10:32 am
Bigmanjakester
Thanks guys! I know this is nothing similar but I understand the physics of coding
I took Computer Programming 1-3 at my school, but it was in Visual Basic.... I get what Integers are and variables, basic declarations. but thank you so much!
06/16/2014 10:40 am
Level 42 : Master Modder
A5H73Y
Visual Basic is the perfect language to start on, I was 14 when I started (19 years old now).
When you learn the properties and use of programming, you can apply the correct syntax to any language and learn it in no time. Java is also a very nice language to start with, understandable syntax, tells you exactly where the error lays (eclipse editor).

And no, JavaScript and Java aren't two completely different things. One is applied to the webclients and another is application. Very similar languages.
06/16/2014 8:02 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Network
PlayPVPServer
Certainly not on planet minecraft
06/16/2014 8:06 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Pony
StillCat
PMC is the latest go-to ask-questions-and-receive-answers type of website, nowadays. Anything can happen - there have been stuff involving romance and real-life things. Not everything has to be related to Minecraft.
06/16/2014 7:45 am
Level 44 : Master Gent
Sir_Awesomness
For basics in syntax and method structure, I would recommend downloading greenfoot and looking at some tutorials. You can learn a lot from coding games, the object orientation is really clear when you have objects on a screen.
06/16/2014 7:34 am
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Programmer
SR2610
Either go for TheNewBoston
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl-zzrq ... 9D83EE3E28

or VSWE
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... djogDKas8N

The Second also does tutorials for modding.
06/15/2014 11:02 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Modder
searchndstroy
Starting to code isn't the easiest thing ever, but for coding I would reccommend learning stuff like this:

int y = 5;
y = y + 5;

(Now y is equal to 10! :O)

And then eventually on to stuff like this:

public static int add(int arg0, int arg1) {

return arg0 + arg1;

}

But, I recommend starting here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl-zzrq ... 9D83EE3E28
Even though I am still learning Java, that's where I learn now. One last word: Learning Java isn't going to happen within a month. It'll take longer, but, I've only came 3 months into it and I still need to learn more. But, make mods and plugins. They will help you learn and test your skills. Have fun in the journey!
06/15/2014 11:01 pm
Bigmanjakester
That's JavaScript. I need Java CsiTurtle.....
TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS xD
06/15/2014 10:59 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
csiturtle
Codeacademy.com Is a Good place to learn all types of codeing languages.
06/15/2014 10:53 pm
Level 20 : Expert Skinner
xXTheArcherXx
I would recommend TheChernoProject (might be Chernos, I'm not sure) he has detailed lessons on making a game, and he explains everything,
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome