World Chunk Selector - COMING SOON

TheLukeGuy's Avatar TheLukeGuy5/18/17 3:41 pm
1 emeralds 253 1
5/18/2017 9:21 pm
TheLukeGuy's Avatar TheLukeGuy
World Chunk Selector

Beta 1 coming Summer 2017!

Selecting only certain regions for a Minecraft world has been hard. Currently the only way to do this is to use MCEdit. But what if you don't have MCEdit? Can't use MCEdit? Don't know how to use MCEdit? Are too lazy to use MCEdit?

Introduction

I've been working on an application in Python to make you able to select certain regions to use in a Minecraft world. I've been doing a lot of research on the structure of Minecraft world saves to figure out how to make this possible.

How it Works

First, you select the region files to be included in the world. Then, the world save is copied and many files are deleted to make this possible. After that, all the region files that were selected are copied into the region folder in the copied folder.
Finally, blank chunks are added as a placeholder for the chunks you didn't select.

Release Date

A release date has been not set yet, but there will be multiple beta releases available to the public. The first beta is planned to release Summer 2017.

Pictures? Videos? Proof?

Subscribe to me on PMC to see pictures and videos coming really soon.
You can look in my feed for news and updates on this project. Subscribe to be the first to see updates and news and a release date for beta 1.
TheLukeGuy
Level 34 : Artisan Geek