World Generator Mod available?

Eldian's Avatar Eldian1/29/13 9:26 pm
1 emeralds 605 5
1/30/2013 10:43 pm
number1_Master's Avatar number1_Master
After watching many videos of different mod packs for minecraft, I have reached a conclusion.
The vanilla world generator SUCKS.
I keep drolling over gorgeous terrains and mountains, which I would be hardpressed to find in a vanilla one.
So I ask you guys, to tell me if there are any good mods that enhance the generation, and if so, which is best?
I have already checked around and found Extreme Biomes and Better World Generation, but I have a problem...
In all the already mentioned videos, the world had new blocks to use, like one that autumn forests which had colorful leaves.
I do NOT want any new block, I just want the generator to work better with what it already has.
Same thing with Extreme Biomes, it creates new areas like glaciers and such which while I could accept, I rather not have those.

So what? Am I mad? Too picky? It exists?
Please tell me guys. Hopefully I will get a reply, even if it says 'NO' only (More than I have gotten trying at the main minecraft forums in five times... )

Thanks in advance!
Eldian
Level 20 : Expert Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/30/2013 5:50 pm
Eldian
Oh okay.

Installed it, and before I found out I had to select 'Terrain Control' as the world type, I used the default one twice, the generator must have heard my complaining, because it landed me in areas I had never seen before.
01/30/2013 10:43 pm
Level 40 : Master Droid
number1_Master
I'm glad I could help!
01/30/2013 11:09 am
Eldian
Oh, looks good! Thank you!
(But it's a bukkit add on, so it's for servers alone, right?)

It's not bad per se, it simply lacks variety and is too flat, the only part which makes me awe is the big mountain biome which is kind of rare.
And it barely uses the new height limit. It is already rare to see a mountain over y110 or so... :S
01/30/2013 5:23 pm
number1_Master
TerrainControl is a mod and a craftbukkit plugin. The plugin is more popular then then the mod. If you go to the dev.bukkit page of TerrainControl and scroll down to the downloads, you will see "download the Forge version (Singleplayer and Multiplayer, 1.4.6 and 1.4.7)" and then the download link.

I guess Mountains are sorta rare. Once you find a mountain world, it is only mountains. Other then that, there aren't many mountain biomes.
01/29/2013 9:31 pm
number1_Master
Check out TerrainControl.

I know the current terrain generator is bad, but it isn't THAT bad.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome