Minecraft Pocket Edition free?

DarkSeer's Avatar DarkSeer12/7/17 7:12 am
1 emeralds 275 7
12/7/2017 9:47 pm
LightlySaltedBuilder's Avatar LightlySaltedBuilder
Many people want to play Minecraft Pocket Edition without spending any money for it...Some people cant play it as it costs about $19.99 dollars or so...How many people agree with me to make this game free for all people to play worldwide?
DarkSeer
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/07/2017 9:47 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Architect
LightlySaltedBuilder
It's actually better to pay, unless you prefer DLC and micro-transactions. Also, it costs $7, not $20, I have no idea where that figure came from.

Overall, just stop being so cheap and pay. Trust me, it's worth it.
12/07/2017 9:02 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Network
ItsFadeIN
Hold up wait a minute IT COSTS $20!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought it was like $7
12/07/2017 3:20 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Nerd
6_28
Would you rather have a $7.99 on the App Store (I think) or have it free and have to pay that much worth of in-app purchases for the game to function the same? Minecraft needs money, there are costs like paying employees and just development in general. Not everything is free simply because people can't afford it. Most free games have ads to compensate, would you like to have constant ad pop ups when playing?
12/07/2017 10:53 am
Level 32 : Artisan Nerd
ParkerTheDev
Minecraft is a big game, and that would make you think that you'd be able to play a game on your mobile device for free. But, lots of that money goes to employees for working on the game, new resources for the Mojang office and paying the bills to keep the company going.

Yes, I do agree that if it was free, they'd get a bigger playerbase. But, thats not what they want. They want more invested players to continually play the game, not to download it and then delete it after awhile.

They do also have the Transactions (The Marketplace), but that's really not enough money to keep updating the game and even maintaining the game.

Also, the game is only about $9.99 :)
12/07/2017 10:18 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
Problem is this kiddo: Money.

You can't go tell someone to spend over 5 years on a game without paying them. They have to make a living, and the 20$ You pay for the game (Considering you may not have gotten it for free when you migrated your Mojang Account) is their living.

If developers were just to Give games away. No one would be making games, at all. Sure there would be those tiny Flash games, but even those wouldn't exist, because no one would've paid someone to create Flash. Heck! You wouldn't even have the Internet, or your computer if the world worked like that!

Fact is: Money keeps the world going, money keeps the world progressing, and if you don't have any money, then you should start to find a way to earn some. Afterall, we live in an age where you can get money for doing just about anything really.
12/07/2017 8:55 amhistory
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
By this logic, why not make every game free?

Why not rely on the generosity (heeeeeh) of people to donate to game developers?...

The world runs on money. You have it, or you don't. Sometimes you can work around it. Other times you simply need to work with what you have, or learn some skills and make the money yourself.

And, as below (while I don't think Mojang would tank) making games free is no way to put dinner on the table for game developers.
12/07/2017 7:32 am
Level 34 : Artisan Dragonborn
Dovahkaal
I disagree. Minecraft is a business that has employees that need to be paid. A free game means no generated income to put into updates, etc.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome