A Trading Card Mod/Server? (Idea)

Chirro's Avatar Chirro12/13/17 2:29 pm history
1 emeralds 251 2
12/15/2017 3:49 pm
Chirro's Avatar Chirro
I have an idea for a mod/server. Maybe a modded server. I'm not sure yet. If you'd like to use this idea, please credit me.

So, the goal is to collect rare trading cards. The trading cards will showcase Vanilla mobs, as well as fusions (i.e. a Wither-EnderDragon fusion), mythical bosses (i.e. Herobrine), and maybe even mobs from other mods. The cards that feature mobs from other mods would be part of, quote-unquote, "DLC Packs".

The main server, if this were a server, would be about getting together with friends, or meeting others and showing off your cards.

There would be two mini-servers tied to it. Each day would give the mini-servers a new map. For example, on Sunday, the mini-servers will have an ancient Egypt-like temple-themed map.

One of them will be called the Trading Center. You and whoever can go to the Trading Center and... Well... Trade cards with people.

The other mini-server is called the Battle Square. There would be a huge black carpet in the middle of whatever map is featured. The carpet will be 2,600 x 2,600 blocks, giving players all the space they need to battle.

The battle system works like this:

5 cards are laid face-down in a pile to the left of the player, as well as his/her battling card faced upwards in front of them. The one who goes first is determined by flipping an in-game coin. Before the coin flip, the one who initiated the battle calls the flip. If they get it right, they go first. If not, the other player goes first. There are two Attacks, as well as a Skip. The first Attack does less damage, but you can use it at any time. If you use a Skip, you gain a Power Point, which you need in order to use your second Attack, which does more damage, but, like I said, takes longer to get. Once you've used it, the amount of Power Points are deducted from you, allowing you to regain them throughout the battle. The first one to lose all of their HP loses. There's also 3-way battles, 4-way battles, 4-way battles with teams, and Battle Royals, where 5 people battle each other until one claims victory above the rest. You gain a Power Point each turn, and the first Attack always requires one Power Point.

The rarity is determined by the border as well as the back design of the cards:

Brown cards are known as Leather cards. These are classified as Common, and have 150 HP. The first Attack takes 30 HP from the opponent, and the second takes 50 HP. The second costs 2 Power Points.
Black-and-grey-checkered cards are known as Chainmill cards. These are classified as Uncommon, and have 300 HP. The first Attack takes 55 HP, the second takes 70 HP, requiring 4 Power Points.
White cards are known as Iron cards. These are classified as Rare, and have 450 HP. The first Attack takes 70 HP, the second takes 85, requiring 5 Power Points.
Gold-tinted cards are known as Gold cards. These are classified as Very Rare, and have 600 HP. The first Attack takes 90 HP, the second takes 110, requiring 8 Power Points.
Light green cards are known as Emerald cards. These are classified as Premium, having 750 HP. The first Attack takes 100 HP, the seconds takes115, requiring 10 Power Points.
Teal blue cards are known as Diamond cards. These are classified as Legendary, having 1,000 HP. The first Attack takes 120 HP, the second takes 150, requiring 15 Power Points.

You can get these cards by receiving packs, whether it be logging in daily, special events, completing achievements, etc.

If you log in each day, the more consecutive days you log in, the higher your chances are at getting rarer cards. Even then, though, the chances of pulling a Diamond, or even an Emerald, are very slim, and almost impossible.

There would also be Help cards, such as Attack-boosting cards, HP-increasing cards, etc. but I wish to not get into that right now.

I know it seems a little buggy, but I'll work on the minor things if people enjoy this idea. Leave your thoughts and suggestions in the comments below!
Chirro
Level 2 : Apprentice Network