Beat the boat: shooter arcade game (need feedback and ideas)

Blitzgrutel's Avatar Blitzgrutel3/8/14 5:19 am
1 emeralds 533
Hi all minecrafters,

I just started to create a top down space shooter mini game with water and the boat. I don't have any problems to create it, but I want your feedback and ideas of any kind that could benefit it.

It will have 4 difficulty levels, easy, normal, expert and crazy.

Each difficulty level will consist of several "waves" of enemies to destroy. Easy will have 3 waves, normal 5, expert 7 and crazy 9.

The game field will be a rectangle horizontal water slide towards the player that the that the boats will take in different patterns, even curved ones, from different places and number. There's 150 different possible boat patterns, so tons of wave forms.

You have to destroy the boats using the bow. Each boat that you don't destroy will take 1 point from your energy bar.

You will have 3 lives, each one with 8 energy points, shown on the wall in front of you.

Here's a simple demo I created for the purpose of this topic:

And here's some screenshots with additionnal informations:
Click to reveal
General view outside the game. The colored parts are the difficulty waves sequencers. Since I want really precise, calculated, entertaining and unique enemy wave patterns, I have to create each possible individual action separately on a redstone road.

Here's the game field. The ceiling lights is your lives, the back wall lights is the egergy bar. The black holes are from where the boats can appear:

Here's the lobby:

Here's the picture on the floor, the boat-arrow logo I created:
Blitzgrutel
Level 40 : Master Engineer