Block Palettes

Shirotsuchi's Avatar Shirotsuchi1/26/15 11:56 pm
1 emeralds 13.6k 5
1/27/2015 10:05 pm
Bolsassy's Avatar Bolsassy
So I have been building for a while on MC, but have started to run into some roadblocks along the way. I've only recently realized it was due to a lack of knowledge about block palettes.

Does anyone out there have any tips on how to have a good block palette for medium-large builds?
Shirotsuchi
Level 18 : Journeyman Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/27/2015 10:05 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Bolsassy
Shirotsuchi
DefendI love you! That was a very clear, concise response that gave me nearly everything I needed to know to comprehend establishing a palette, Thanks a lot Defend.

Anytime dude <3 I thought that the guys color wheel picture was not enough so I just decided to go in depth with it.
01/27/2015 9:41 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Bolsassy
Take any given color, for example, yellow. then go to the color across from it in the color wheel, in this case it is purple. These colors, called complementary colors, go well together, or complement each other . Complementary colors usually are good when choosing your block palette.

Now usually after I choose a pair of complementary colors, I go for analogous colors, or colors right next to each other on the color wheel. One could say that since every color is next to each other then each color is analogous, but if you used every color in a build, it would look like puke. So try to use analogous colors in a 3 color radius.

After choosing colors, its time to choose grays, grays are colors ranging from white all the way to black. Using grays are always helpful, but not to be overused, otherwise the build will look dull. Typically I will pick 2-4 different grays and then just use depth to get the right gray. If we are sticking with our original yellow+purple combo, white would be the best gray to use, for black would blend with the colors, where as a white or light gray would make the colors pop.

But seriously, block palettes are more a trial and error sort of thing, you can't really get it right on the first go, it takes me as long as 45 minutes to get my palette right, even then I am constantly adding blocks to my palette as long as taking them away. Hope this helped mate.
01/27/2015 9:46 pm
Shirotsuchi
I love you! That was a very clear, concise response that gave me nearly everything I needed to know to comprehend establishing a palette, Thanks a lot Defend.
01/27/2015 2:25 am
Shirotsuchi
funny bunnyUse the color wheel and place blocks with complimenting colors next to each other.

Silly thing to say... But I have no clue how to use color wheels nor did the definitions online help at all.
01/26/2015 11:59 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
funny bunny
Use the color wheel and place blocks with complimenting colors next to each other.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome