Berglisades Park, CYL County - Update 14 in-progress - PREVIEW 3 -- PLEASE CRITIQUE MY LATEST BUILDS!

Chiayang0427's Avatar Chiayang04271/23/19 10:01 pm history
1 emeralds 396 1
4/27/2019 8:06 am
jennider's Avatar jennider
Happy Wednesday everyone!

Here are 13 new pictures below of my latest/most recent work showing 6 new buildings, showing all my progress from July 2018 to now.

PLEASE CRITIQUE MY LATEST BUILDS BELOW. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM SINCE I'VE BUILT ALL OF THIS ALONE. THANKS SO MUCH!

Front view of a large, 6-bedroom and 4-bathroom suburban house with 4 parking lots (2 are indoors).

2. Back view of the large suburban house with the backyard/picnic area.

3. The new Davidson Elementary School currently under construction. Front entrance view.

4. The front yard of the new Davidson Elementary School, also under construction, as well as the entire school. This is where kids go for recess after lunch.

5. The school staff parking lot.

6. A typical school classroom. Shown only as a model/as an example/as a design prototype.

7. The school nurse's office.

8. The school main office.

9. The school under construction at night. Inside and part of an under-construction floor plan.

10. Two new suburban and single-family, cottage houses.

11. A new suburban, duplex house at night with two parking lots on each side, with a total of 4.

12. Another new suburban, single-family house under a dreary, rainy morning. 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms for this one.

13. Back of the house showing the back porch and entrance of the house. This house has both front and back sides, entrances, and porches.

TECHNICAL INFORMATION!
Resource Pack: Greenfield Official Texturepack 1.12.
Credits for using Greenfield's resource pack: https://www.planetminecraft.com/project/greenfield---new-life-size-city-project/.
Shaders: SEUS Renewed 1.0.0 (NOT modified, original shader pack)
The anticipated release date for Update 14: TBA/TBD. I really don't know WHEN. I'll FIRST satisfy the BARE MINIMUM building count requirement of 200 BUILDINGS that I've set for myself, according to my own standards for my work.

I've waited until Wednesday night of January 23rd, 2019, EST (Eastern Standard Time), better late than never, to post this because I was away in my native country of Taiwan for my Winter Break from college and my Toshiba Satellite laptop ( Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-4700MQ CPU, 2.40 GHz, 12 GB RAM, 64-bit, Nvidia GeForce GT 740M, Windows 10) COULDN'T RUN ANY SHADERS AT ANY DECENT FRAMERATE. 25-30 fps, not a slideshow counts as decent to me. So, I waited until I flew back home to NJ to post these screenshots from my desktop computer.

As of right now, I've reached a new (minor) milestone in my artwork and in my self (at least for the NON-academic part of my work). Same goes for my town of CYL "City" or "Berglisades Park" since my small town has always been a small town since I've started building it from day one, which was over six years ago. So that's why my town has two names, to avoid creating any confusion, so honestly, it's really just "Berglisades Park" for now, and will become "CYL CITY" far into the future (in its development and MANY YEARS from now in my lifetime). For the name of this town project, and the style of many of the newer (newest) houses & buildings, I was inspired by both North Bergen, NJ in Hudson County, AND Palisades Park, NJ in Bergen County. These two towns are about four miles away/10 minutes away from each other, UNDER PERFECT traffic conditions, from the northern-most part of NB to the southern-most tip of Palisades Park.

I've built a total of 186 buildings, or 185 complete buildings, including 1 school that is now under construction, in CYL "City" or "Berglisades Park" now. To explain the "non-academic part" that I've mentioned above, since Spring 2016, I've gotten into the pattern of typically drawing, painting, and photographing for various (traditional) fine & studio art classes at Montclair State University, NJ during the Fall and Spring semesters in college, in the ACADEMIC sense, to RESERVING my Winter & Summer Breaks solely and ONLY for working on CYL "City" on Minecraft, in the PERSONAL sense. It's just about priorities, and it depends on the time of year and when the time is right for either one of these two options.

So, I've spent almost my entire Winter Break (12/21/2018 - 1/20/2019) in my native country of Taiwan with family, for Christmas and New Year's and to temporarily get away from NJ, New York City's, and the Tri-State's brutal winter, and to work on and improve on my craft. So as of right now, January 23rd, 2018, my Spring Semester has already started yesterday/the day before yesterday, depending on when you read this, on January 22nd. It's my 10th (and final) semester of college before I graduate with a Bachelor's of art (BA) in Fine & Studio Arts with a painting concentration from Montclair State University, NJ. Therefore, I absolutely MUST POSTPONE my Minecraft town project until the end of my Spring Semester, which is on May 15th, 2018, and LEAVE IT UNTOUCHED. I'd admit that I'm having fun with my college art classes, though!

Thanks so much, everyone!

Best,
Chiayang Lin Gonzalez (林家仰)
Chiayang0427
Level 54 : Grandmaster Nerd