Goa Kingdom (need thoughts)

Kenryuu's Avatar Kenryuu6/10/16 5:22 am
1 emeralds 443 3
6/10/2016 3:17 pm
Kenryuu's Avatar Kenryuu
Soo... I've started since now quite a while to make this map, and well, would like to have some opinions about it. It's a map that's from the one piece world (and no, don't leave yet, you don't need to know anything about it here). Here some screenshots below :

Click to reveal

This one is the latest minimap overview I have since I updated it... got a few more more things, but nearly everything is accurate. Don't mind the area I had to butcher around >_>

Speaking of aesthetics, I think I outdid myself this time, so I'm kind of happy. A full "natural" area take so much time tho. So, yeah. About that, the map is 100% done. I don't really see much what I could add.

But of course, there's not only that. I wanted to make more than it just being a map where you can walk around, so I ended up thinking to make kind of a "adventure" on this. The goal being to get this :

Click to reveal

Having a not good but decent level about command blocks, I used some of those to make this, and some things here and here neater, everything in the version 1.9.4 (my minimap screen is from 1.8.9). Having myself a private server, I tested that, and after a "few" days of tweaking, everything or so appear to be fine (the only thing that bother me atm is that the news players appear a big higher in y coord when they first log in, and I can't get it to be fixed, but not so much of a big deal).

While some others maps I've done before were combat focused, here it's more like a enigma. Also, I don't feel like giving a download link yet (got some projects about it), but if someone would feel interested in trying, well... Would always be a better feedback than just a look from a few screenshots. Made it for 1 to 6 players as well, and I kind of like when things are challenging.

So, be it about that or just the aesthetics, what do you guys think ?
Kenryuu
Level 52 : Grandmaster Network