LOOKING FOR A SEVER TO BETA TEST A DATAPACK

Cray_On's Avatar Cray_On2/22/19 9:13 am
3 emeralds 180 4
2/22/2019 6:32 pm
wethebean's Avatar wethebean
So, i recently got into datapack creation, an i got the brillant idea to start by creating multiplayer datapacks. My first datapack is pretty basic so i could test it by myself in singleplayer, but with this one, it's not possible.

That's why I need you. I'm planning to create a server in a couple of weeks, but right now I do not own one. If you want to test a datapack for me, and maybe invite me to test more easily, I'd be greatful.

If you want to know what, that datapack is about, it's called "Fair Duel" and it allows player to challenge each other in duel. The amount of won duels is stored and can be displayed. The dead player revives on where the duel started and gets back their items and levels instantly.
It has been imagined to function with an upcoming datapack that tracks players who murdered other players outside of a duel and rewards the person that punishes them.

Instressed ? Subscribe so you get updates of my avancement.
Cray_On
Level 47 : Master Lemon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/22/2019 6:32 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Miner
wethebean
you could just start a free temporary server with https://aternos.org/en/

02/22/2019 5:54 pm
Cray_On
Update :
Me and my brother couldn't get LAN to work.
I'm gonna try to think of a solution to test the datapack quickly.
02/22/2019 10:55 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
Good luck, I sincerely doubt that a server admin would add a strange datapack "just like that" without knowing what exactly it is doing. Don't forget that you're basically asking for admin-like privileges on their server, which not too many people will hand out to a stranger.

Also: you don't need any of this.

Just use the "Open to LAN" option and you're instantly running a server, ready for testing to see if your pack is useful for multiple players.
02/22/2019 11:06 am
Cray_On
That's true it can seem really dangerous.

And thanks ! I totally forgot that LAN was a thing ! I'm gonna use my brothers as guinea pigs :)
I guess i don't need help anymore. That was actually easy :)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome