Need Fantasy RPG area ideas

The Cubic Team's Avatar The Cubic Team7/12/18 7:32 am
1 emeralds 342 8
7/21/2018 7:34 am
raidarr's Avatar raidarr
Hello everyone!
So i need to plan ahead with area ideas, but i only have one so far, which is called ‘The Distorted Forest’, This is the first area you’ll visit after leaving the first town and will feature loot, bosses, dungeons and quests. The area is a giant cube with grass and rivers, a few caves a dungeons, trees and treehouses, treasure and enemies. My question is, what other ideas can you come up with? I want unique area ideas, that are a bit different and more exciting to explore than just a desert, or just a village if you know what i mean. Thank you for reading and give me your ideas!
The Cubic Team
Level 38 : Artisan Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/12/2018 1:18 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Network
thunderbolt73
Volcanoes of doom are always fun.
07/12/2018 4:59 pm
The Cubic Team
Oh yeah always haha, good idea thank you
07/12/2018 8:12 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
If you want to properly invest, stop thinking on the scale of 'one region at a time', and begin thinking on the grander scale of your RPG's overall design. How many levels you want in total, how you want the difficulty to go through each one, and if you want to have a flow to your regions/present a story in the background to lend the entire idea more depth.

With that in mind, a map that broadly defines regions would be helpful, and then you can think about what logically fits into each area. There's also no shame to taking an existing game and building some of the ideas off the game's own regions. Diablo is an example of one game series where you can be inspired by level design to create things.
07/12/2018 10:46 am
Level 49 : Master Answer
Shaliquinn
I am so not this organized! :D
07/21/2018 7:34 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
Apologies for being late in replying-

You should be, well, at least trying to be that organized. Actually getting there is another matter. By map, I do not mean details - it can be as simple as the most accessible screenshot collection of the territory you have to work with, and then coming up with things from there. In any case, having an idea of what theme you want is essential, as it will make the difference between your idea being a sloppy compendium of RPG contents and being an actual standalone thing that can coherently say what it is and why it is its own thing.

Planning is the most underrated thing in the minecraft community, and projects frequently suffer for it. Balking the norm would probably result in a more successful project on your part.
07/12/2018 10:21 am
The Cubic Team
Yeah i understand what you mean and this is a good idea, i’ve played diablo 3 loads and i love it so I’ll have to properly look at the levels and buildings haha, thank you for the reply
07/12/2018 8:06 am
Level 33 : Artisan Architect
thedutchlord
Maybe a temple area?
07/12/2018 10:21 am
The Cubic Team
Yeah like a large temple, almost like a level sized dungeon full of traps and bosses, puzzles and loot. I’ll keep this one in mind, thank you
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome