POKEARTH - Is it any good?

BangaaDragoon's Avatar BangaaDragoon11/13/14 5:15 pm
1 emeralds 273 2
11/15/2014 4:48 pm
DuskRaine's Avatar DuskRaine
Hello everyone, I need help.

I've probably should've made something like this long ago, but I've been having a dilemma for quite some time. It's rather simple, and probably any one who builds has it, "Should I continue building this? Is it any good? Do people even care I'm building?" And while I can gladly say yes there are those few who support me, I still have the other two lingering in my mind.
For those who don't know, Pokearth is huge WIP build that I've been doing for a long time. It seeks to put every region in Pokemon in one adventure map (that file size, though). It's natural, but still reminds us of the games as we remember them all those years ago.
Probably the biggest problem I see while making this map is the fact that people look at it's name, or thumbnail, and think to themselves, "Oh, another one of these -skips-" And, it's true. What I'm doing has been done before, and the only thing I can come back with is, "I'm doing it bigger, and I'm doing it better."
Better... is it truly better? Popularity is usually the justification for building a good map, but that isn't what I seek. It's guidance, and critique. I want to be the best (no pun intended), but when I get a compliment, or a diamond, It just keeps meaning do the same. There's no advice, no this is good/bad. I guess to answer the question though, it is better than most, but it could always be better.

So, why did I make a thread about this? For you guys to tell me if what I'm doing is wasteful, or if it's plentiful and full of potential. I won't be quitting Pokearth any time soon (I do it as a fun hobby anyway), but hearing responses both good and bad could potentially drive me to create a better Pokearth, that everyone will enjoy.

Click my signature below to see the project for yourself. And then come back and vote, I greatly appreciate your consideration.
BangaaDragoon
Level 14 : Journeyman Pokemon