Small Project 2/3 complete looking for support

FirstDawn's Avatar FirstDawn12/16/18 7:18 pm history
5 emeralds 323 7
12/18/2018 3:38 pm
FirstDawn's Avatar FirstDawn
Dear PMC Users,

We've been working on this project, for the most part as a team of two. We've got to the stage now where we're about two thirds of the way through our project. We're looking to see if we could just get a little bit of support finishing it off, as it's become more than we can handle alone. (Plus its boring, tedious and frankly depressing when you think about how little you've done compared to what's left).

We can't pay anyone before people ask, it isn't that type of project. We're just doing this for fun. We've no large budget, so there's no real incentive for anyone to help us. This is for a RPG server we're working on (oh god not another server!). However if you are interested and would like to help, I've attached (hopefully) a imgur album of some screenshots to showcase the project so far.

This project is using a primarily medieval theme, in a world that will include fantasy/magic elements. A good example for this would be Camelot, from the UK TV series Merlin. We're using the Conquest_ resource pack for building.

If you would like to join our discord and discuss about this more? Click this >>link<<.
If you've any feedback or ideas on improving our project, feel free to leave them below.

- CE

FirstDawn
Level 34 : Artisan Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/18/2018 3:38 pmhistory
FirstDawn
Jannek, my partner in building this project was kind enough to take a few screenshots from his point of view, with shaders so you can clearly see aspects of the project. Also in hope to entice people to support us in furnishing some homes, as we would greatly appreciate it :)

I have included the album into the post, and a link within this reply.

imgur album

Join Our Discord too! discordapp.com/invite/MuqPT7u
12/17/2018 12:53 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner
AGTRigorMortis
This is why I appreciate having ultra large rendering distances on Minecraft, things like this.

it annoys me that Minecraft realms is capped at 10 chunks, and because of this I am considering making a custom home server for my Minecraft worlds some point when the bedrock server software is out of alpha, and that's if Microsoft doesn't elevate the realms render distance beyond 10 chunks.

It's absolutely ludicrous that you're expected to pay the equivalent sum of money to an entire budget laptop over 4 years for a 10 player realm when you could create a home server on that machine and have it last indefinitely provided you made backups and had extended warranty or insurance on your home PC. And with the bedrock edition software you can have render distances of 32 chunks or beyond.
12/17/2018 4:15 pm
FirstDawn
Yes Realms is a bit of a scam, but I guess it’s just a niche way for families to create a simple server for their kids. Also it sounds like that’s a back handed compliment...? So I’ll take it. Thank you :)

Java edition allows you to extend to 48 chunks. Least that’s what I took these screenshots on to ensure as much visibility as possible.
12/17/2018 4:26 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner
AGTRigorMortis
and in single player bedrock edition can go up to 64 chunks, but yeah it was a compliment. :)
greater rendering distance allows people to show their builds in greater detail.

Although it's good that Mojang/Microsoft have an alpha release of the bedrock edition server software, it means they may be planning on letting consumers create their own home Minecraft servers for bedrock edition, hopefully that'll end up with cross play support like realms already has.
12/17/2018 4:34 pm
FirstDawn
We can only hope. Then I can show these screenshots in even further detail. Then hopefully people from other platforms can share interest on a common project such as ours. Which we would love. The more players, and the more support for our project. :)
12/16/2018 7:38 pm
Level 48 : Master Necromancer
GoggleD0GG
This looks cool! I'd love to try to help, however I only started playing mc again after a six month break so my skills are a bit rusty.
12/17/2018 4:17 pm
FirstDawn
If you can run conquest, I know it helps us out loads. We find it’s really handy especially for interiors as blocks can stack for connected textures to give those “wardrobe” blocks :)

Join the Discord if you’re interested. Thanks for your response!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome