Question on building interiors

Phenomenal_One's Avatar Phenomenal_One1/7/16 3:57 pm
1 emeralds 382 4
1/24/2016 2:31 am
Hive_Mind's Avatar Hive_Mind
I recently started building my own city, and I have problems building a good interior. Any tips, or guides for building a good interior for a building would be much appreciated. Mine seem to be too open.Thanks in advance
Phenomenal_One
Level 7 : Apprentice Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/24/2016 2:31 am
Level 36 : Artisan Engineer
Hive_Mind
Look up "How to build a functional couch" on YouTube. It's not my video, so I'm not advertising here lol. It's just a nice addition to build a couch you can actually sit on. Essentially, you put a minecart in a hole on top of 7 layers of snow, then use a piston to push stairs (in the shape of a couch) over the Minecart.
01/24/2016 2:27 am
Level 43 : Master Skinner
Phetagorah
I suggest thinking on what you want to build. You can't just go wacky-doo on your interior and it does not match the exterior. For example, you can't go build a medieval interior in a modern skyscraper. Well, you could but that would look weird, imo.

Once you have decided your theme or the style for your build, take a look at some pictures of the interiors of a building that your theme fits in. If you're building modern, take a look at some modern houses; medieval/vikingvhouses for medieval and so on.
01/20/2016 3:33 am
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Technomancer
flashteens
Maybe you can visit some interior designs for houses, minecart subway stations (including underground, elevated, and common ground stations), highways/expressways, or compact redstone equipments in my world (for Vanilla 1.8+), and we can then share our ideas to each other

For more introduction about my world, you can see on my profile. Furthermore, I'm now going on an improvement process for an update to be available a few days later!

Some additional tips for you:
  • If you wish to build your city in 1.8+ versions, the
  • /fill
  • command actually boosts the speed you build a house! But be careful that it's somewhat dangerous, though.

• If you wish to create tunnels or underground building, you can switch to Spectator Mode whenever you're gonna to see whether caves, mineshafts, or other underground structures block your way.

Hope you enjoy it and you can feel free to apply any of these ideas for your city~~

btw I'm learning for higher building skills in Creative mode, too
01/07/2016 4:01 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Pokemon
XxLxX
What type of city it is? Futuristic,actual,medieval? This is a very important detail
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome