RedEDGE+ | Mirrors Edge in Minecraft (WiP)

Huepow00's Avatar Huepow006/25/18 4:55 pm history
23 emeralds 38.8k 27
4/7/2019 12:42 am
PixxMinecraft's Avatar PixxMinecraft

Mirror's Edge in Minecraft
official website // dev.updates

ABOUT
Taking inspiration from Mirror's Edge and it's reboot Catalyst, RedEDGE+ will pit you against other runners in an underground race through the sprawling City of Glass.

*This FORGE map is being designed for single & multiplayer, uses an expanded resource pack HEAVILY built on-top of the original 'Edgecraft' by Lord_Pancake, and incorporates several mods including:
+ OptiFine
+ ArchitectureCraft
+ Carpenter's Blocks
+ CubesEdge with modified speed & controls
+ RopesPlus with modified colors

+ BiblioCraft

...as well as Sildurs Vibrant Shaders v1.141 (Lite & Medium) with a modified torch color.

VIDEO ARCHIVE

IMAGE GALLERY

THIS IS A FAN-CREATION
Mirror's Edge™ & Catalyst Belong to EA | DICE

Huepow00
Level 40 : Master Bunny

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/07/2019 12:42 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Crafter
PixxMinecraft
thanks huepow00
03/18/2019 9:05 pm
Huepow00
Pushing the alpha release to next month now that I'm not sick and have a little time to finish it up.

In the meantime - here's a DEV.UPDATE.

https://youtu.be/-0oSu-e2my0
03/04/2019 3:49 pm
Huepow00
Welp, getting sick for a couple weeks put an unfortunate damper on releasing the alpha to everyone interested - so while I'm still recovering, here are some current screens of RedEDGE+. ^_^

You can always find the most current screens & videos by checking: dev.updates

The following screens are of Downtown & Old Town

02/27/2019 2:32 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
the dark lord2016
I am for some reason having trouble with downloading cubesedge because the link seems to be forbidden even when trying to find other links to it. Is there anything you can do to help? It would be also very cool if you could make at least one or two of the levels from each game into missions on the map, maybe using waypoints or something similar to let us know where to go!
02/27/2019 6:46 pm
Huepow00
A quick Google for "Cubes Edge Mod" brought me straight to a site to download it, and worked just fine. I'll see about updating the links in this thread a little later.

I did not make that mod - so I can'd do anything about where it's hosted externally.

- As for remaking parts of the original games into missions:

-> I'm not making a 1:1 recreation of the original games - but, you might spot some familiar looking places as you run thru the city. ^_^
01/21/2019 2:39 pm
Level 20 : Expert Cowboy
RealGamingstar
Holy crap this is a cool map! How long did it take to make this?
01/21/2019 5:10 pm
Huepow00
Its still a work-in-progress. But (mostly due to life requiring me to work and make a living) I've been working and improving this project going on 4 years or so now. ^_^

Within the last year or two, the project has seen a HUGE amount of progress now that much of the graphics, and pre-built assets are finalized. It's all a mater of placing them where I want and focusing on the details now.

If your curious - You can see a quick time-lapse of how I build here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct6NpIRIVf0
01/29/2019 7:11 pm
Level 20 : Expert Cowboy
RealGamingstar
WOW! 4 years!? Dude, you're dedicated! Good luck finishing your project. (PS. Cool video!)
12/19/2018 2:12 am
Huepow00
The RedEDGE+ ''alpha1'' will be released late Feb. early Mar. to select individuals for testing & feedback. DM if interested. ^_^
https://twitter.com/Huepow00/status/1075156474618232832
12/13/2018 3:03 pmhistory
Huepow00
12/13/2018 12:48 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Network
O f f l i n e

👍

12/12/2018 7:53 pm
quindao
oh my fucking god i need this in my life i want mirrors edge but my craptop CANT run it :(
12/12/2018 8:15 pm
Huepow00
I'm working hard to get a playable build released soon, but in the meantime - why not have some fun with my RedEDGE VANILLA side-project. It's basically this, but - well, no mods or texture packs necessary - just download the map and enjoy.
www.planetminecraft.com/project/rededge-vanilla/
12/11/2018 12:48 pm
Level 28 : Expert Professor
Clickmano
Will this Masterpiece have its own Technic Modpack? I Really Hope So.
12/11/2018 1:51 pm
Huepow00
I know very little about Technic, or modding it. ^_^;;

But if you have any ideas about that once this project is released, go right ahead! ^_^
11/24/2018 6:10 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Crafter
PixxMinecraft
What mods
Srlsly
12/11/2018 1:46 pm
Huepow00
+ OptiFine
(GFX Improvements All Around)

+ ArchitectureCraft & Carpenter's Blocks
(Extra blocks & objects like railings & diagional surfaces)

+ CubesEdge
(Adds Parkour movements from the original Mirror's Edge)

+ RopesPlus
(Adds ziplines)

+ BiblioCraft
(GFX Improvement for extra, large textures)

+ Sildurs Vibrant Shaders v1.141
(Clean, minimal shader to match the Mirrors Edge asthetic without killing FPS)
11/11/2018 7:23 am
MidoriyaIzuku
wait so i can just download the map and play with friends?

i dont need some kindof mod for the parkour thingy?

cause saw you in the vid wall running and climbing walls and do i need some texture pack?
12/11/2018 1:49 pm
Huepow00
Once the map is complete, Yes - You'll be able to download it and play with friends!

You WILL need the listed mods for the full experience (Full Instructions will be here to make it super easy to do.)

This map will come with it's own custom texture pack.
10/28/2018 6:18 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Explorer
Fenrir_The_Wolf
Now this, I can look forward to :O
10/30/2018 3:48 am
Huepow00
Wahoo! ^_^
10/14/2018 11:49 am
DaCrazyPixel
when will the map download be released?
and amazing work done
10/19/2018 4:49 am
Huepow00
I'm working hard to have something playable ready by the end of this year for folks to test out and provide feedback.

I'm highly considering releasing this project in a series of chapters, similar to the actual Mirror's Edge games - with each chapter putting you in a different part of the city, with a different challenge to complete (You're supposed to be in an underground race against other runners)

I'll require some outside help with some coding for things like checkpoints and working in some of the music & ambient city noise I've created, and (while I've not mentioned it in the description) I'm planning on doing some Voice-Over work as well - so lot's of audio that needs to trigger at the right times.

That can all come a little later after I get things built though. For now, I'm building up a nice big "Training Area" that folks will be able to play around in and have it finished by end of the year best I can.
09/26/2018 5:59 pm
Huepow00
Minefaire Sacramento was a ton of fun! While I was there to talk about modular game design concepts that I used to create RedEDGE, and teach a workshop on using MCEdit - I ended up spending most of my time helping Cleverlike with the Learning Lab and hanging out with Qwertyuiop ThePie.

Since everything went so well, I'll likely be releasing a small VanillaMC map & all the assets used for the workshop, but before I do, It seemed like a good time to show, in real-time, just how quickly something like this can be made using MCEdit.

Modern Parkour Building in 20min. | Minecraft
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-81YBKksjMI

Using pre-made assets designed for my Minefaire Sacramento workshop, I construct a modern parkour building in just 20min using MCEdit and Vanilla Minecraft.
07/08/2018 4:28 pm
Huepow00
Quick updates on the project:

-Sunday July 8th 2018 UPDATE-

1) Added BiblioCraft into the project's collection of mods for displaying additional graphics/textures - most visibly used for billboard/ads/logo artwork.

2) While tested and added a few years ago - ziplines are now working as planned within the city.

3) Alpha2 is shaping up to be the first playable release for the project ^_^

4) I have plenty of audio assets ready to be implemented, but the Redstone/CommandBlock programming required outside of initial tests have put them on the backburner for now.

Here's some new screens of Alpha2 with the latest updates!

06/20/2018 9:37 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Crafter
Blubaibi33
Lookin' good! Keep up the work! :D
06/20/2018 9:19 am
Level 45 : Master Witch
Caromid
This looks absolutely incredible!!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com