Someone still terraforms per hand?

kette442's Avatar kette44211/18/16 6:19 am
11/20/2016 5:52 am
SupremeMortal's Avatar SupremeMortal
Hio,

At the moment I am building all my terrains (mountains right now) per hand and looked around for people to possibly help me but it seems as if noone does that anymore. I think handbuilt terrain just looks soo much better than all those WE and voxel things. (I use WE but only for the rough shape, everything else per hand afterwards).

So yeah thats why i ask if there is still someone out there who does terraforming per hand xD
kette442
Level 28 : Expert Mountaineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/20/2016 5:52 am
Level 22 : Expert Geek
SupremeMortal
VoxelSniper returns the best results in my opinion. It has features such as overlaying at a specific depth which can speed up the process significantly.
11/20/2016 4:48 am
Level 40 : Master Explorer
avrona
I do it by hand, mainly because I don't know of any other way.
11/20/2016 12:22 am
Level 74 : Legendary Artist
Gealx3
I do. Have been doing it for 3 years on the same map to create this large island. It will never really be done.
11/19/2016 11:41 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Terraformer
WorldCreations
uhhhh... use World Painter to edit pre-made maps, use World Machine to create whole new terrains - realistic style
11/19/2016 9:41 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Cowboy
Indraft
When you use VoxelSniper for terraforming, haha.
11/19/2016 9:37 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Skinner
Gladje
I do terra by hand only using w/e for filling in stuff that I'd rather not be bothered with.
11/18/2016 9:43 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
I used to, and I know someone running his own gig who does, but it's extremely inefficient and in retrospect hand-built isn't really better, though I only use worldedit for some pasting, some mass formation constructions and terraforming (the rest is by hand). What you need isn't a handbuilder, it's a person who uses worldedit correctly.
11/18/2016 9:38 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Necromancer
Noctris
Nop, only the finishing touches, I do everything with world edit, and then add the finishing touches by hand.
11/18/2016 9:32 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Latiodile
i still terraform by hand, because i can't be bothered to learn mcedit. and i only use worldedit to do mass replacements, for example replace stone with grass, or smooth the terrain more than i can
11/18/2016 9:26 am
Level 28 : Expert Pig
Dark_Alpha_
The reason people don't terraform by hand any more is because using worldedit is much more convenient. The thing people often forget though is to edit the worldedited terrain by hand. That's why terrain people make using worldedit often looks less then when it has been build by hand. Also, if the terrain you want to terraform is to big, people often don't have the time to do everything by hand.

I personally just use worldedit to do basic shapes and after that I just place and punch out blocks by hand.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome