Minecraft Machinima (Help Wanted)

stoatsnhoney's Avatar stoatsnhoney11/19/17 1:00 am history
3/1/2018 8:20 pm
stoatsnhoney's Avatar stoatsnhoney
Space, the final biome.

I am creating a Minecraft machinima, based on Gene Roddenberry's Star Trek, and I need anyone's help. You do not have to know anything about Star Trek to help, because I mostly just need help with building sets and designing skins.
Before I dive into how you can help, here's a basic plot outline:

During the Dominion War, the United Federation of Planets is desperate for allies who can aid them. Starfleet uses the MIDAS Array to send out a call of help to systems deep in the Beta Quadrant. A race called the Vorban answers the call, claiming they can send help, and they open up a wormhole allowing one Federation ship to come through and begin negotiations. The risk is high, however. The Vorban system is a year's journey away, but with the wormhole, it would only take a few seconds. But, there's the chance that the Vorban won't allow the ship to return, or be otherwise hostile. The U.S.S. Redwood NCC-94947, a Fearless Class Starfleet ship, has decided to volunteer for the mission. With a crew of 312, the Redwood will take the chance and enter the wormhole, and while they are in this unexplored territory explore new worlds, seek out life and new civilizations, and boldly go where no one has gone before.

My series uses Atrocities' Fearless map, which is linked here: https://www.planetminecraft.com/project/uss-fearless-3520760/

So here's how you can help (any way of helping that I use in the final result will add your Planet Minecraft username to the credits of my series saying what you contributed with, as well as your username being placed in the additional credit section on this page):

Names:
I need names for the characters. The series will be centered on the chief medical officer. Since he mainly works in sickbay, less of the show takes place on the bridge and more running through corridors, in sickbay, that sort of thing. However, he does go up to the bridge frequently and stands around. The rest of the main cast includes the captain, first officer, chief engineer, chief of security, the science officer, and the counselor. If you have ideas for the names, copy this list, fill it out, and place it in the comments. If I like the name I will use it and give you full credit for that name and whatever names.
Example:
Job/Rank(Gender/Race): FirstName LastName

Cast:
Chief Medical Officer(Male/Human):
Commanding Officer: Captain (Male/Trill): Richard O'Neill
First Officer/Commander(Female/Human):
Chief Engineer/Lieutenant Commander(Female/Bajoran/Vulcan):
Chief of Security/Lieutenant Commander(Male/Human):
Science Officer/Lieutenant(Male/Human):
Counselor/Ensign(Female/Human):

Other Ways to Help:

Skins:
I need skins for the characters. I will soon be posting skin templates for the Starfleet uniforms being used in my machinima on PMC soon. I'll update this post when I do so. Until I do that, you can make faces for the characters, and I also need skins for the Vorban. The Vorban leaders are called Voban, and they look human just with elaborate clothing similar to the Vorta's. So you can make skins for the Voban. Also needed is the Vorbani, a warrior race genetically-engineered by the Voban. Vorbani have a lot of dark grey body armor and have dark red eyes. If you can make a skin for that, too, that'd be great. Also, just random alien skins are needed, and a skin for Morn. (Morn will have a cameo in the show). If you have a skin you think would be good for the show, post it on PMC (you can name it whatever you want) and give me the link in the comments and tell me what character it's for. If it's a good skin I'll use it in the machinima. That's not guaranteeing that your skin will be used and I may make minor edits to your skin but the credit will go to you and and I'm not being picky for skins in the show so you'll have a good chance of getting credited and your skin used. Make sure to give me the link in a comment to this article, however! Alternatively, you can just put a download to it directly in the credits, using MediaFire or whatever. You can do that instead of posting it to Planet Minecraft, if you'd rather. I have no preference.

Sets:
The main ship on the show is the U.S.S. Redwood, which is a redress of the U.S.S. Fearless (linked above). So I'm good for the ship. But, the Vorban need their own ships. I don't need huge interiors, but exteriors of ships (doesn't have to be huge, just have detail and be a few chunks long so you can detail it). Also, sets like the Vorban ships' bridge and a corridor or two wouldn't be bad. Also a Vorban brig (prison) onboard would be a useful set in case the someone gets captured or something. Vorban architecture is darker colours, with a very clean and organized feel to it. I'm using the MineTrek resource pack, so make sure to use that. Don't use too many Starfleet consoles in the sets, however, because it won't look alien. Vorban use a lot of mind control in their technology, so create sets accordingly. Lots of blinky lights and stuff. Lastly, I need a Vorban conference room that will be used in the pilot episode. This room should be huge, with a big table, lots of chairs, but no consoles or visible technology. To submit a set for my machinima (which I would only make minor to if necessary), submit it to PMC, name it based on what set it is, and give me a link in the comments on this page. Or, you can put a download link directly in the comments rather than post it to PMC, if you would rather.

If there are any more ways you can help I will update this page. Mostly I just need builders and skin designers, but if you have episode story ideas message me on PMC about it. Don't put your idea in the comments, because then others might see the story idea and get spoilers to the series XD! Just message me telling me your idea, and we can discuss it. Once the first episode comes out you will find out more about the series and probably have better ideas, but here's a brief synopsis of the average episode layout:

U.S.S. Redwood flying and finds planet/anomaly/starshipU.S.S. Redwood explores/investigatesU.S.S. Redwood finds a problemU.S.S. Redwood is threatened and in dangerU.S.S. Redwood finds a solution/way outU.S.S. Redwood continues its journey

This is just a sample layout, but there should be some sort of problem that the Redwood finds while exploring. Then, the crew finds a way to save themselves and/or whoever's in danger, or someone else helps them. Episodes should have seriousness to them, with real drama, but still be comedic at times to give each episode a balanced feel. It is episodic, not serialized, although there is a main story/arc throughout the series. Also, when you message me I do not need a full script, just a basic idea and/or outline. Make sure to watch for my replied, though, because I'll reply pretty quickly most likely and I'll want to discuss the idea with you to make sure I'm understanding the story right and stuff.

Well, that's about it I think! I really hope people want to help out. You don't need to be a huge fan of Star Trek or anything, just have a basic knowledge about Minecraft, really. If I think of any more ways to help or want to say anything else, I will update this post. Images and a trailer will come soon. Check this thread often!
stoatsnhoney
Level 26 : Expert Explorer