The Lunas (Dimension Idea)

Chirro's Avatar Chirro12/1/17 6:29 pm
2 emeralds 124
Note: If you wish to create this, you may do so. The point of this post is to give someone an idea for a dimension they could make. Just, if you do use this, please credit me.

So, this dimension is called The Lunas, pronounced "Loo-Nuhs". Basically, it's an outer space dimension, with 10 separate planets. The gimmick is: you can control which planet you spawn on by creating the corresponding portal.

For example, let's say you wanted to spawn on Planet: 03. You would make a "Planet: 03" portal using "Planet: 03" blocks.

The Lunas Ingots, when placed in the correct crafting recipe, will generate a random planet block.

The crafting recipe will be 9 Lunas Ingots, or "minecraft:lunas_ingot 9" in a standard, vanilla crafting grid. Once this is done, a random planet block is generated.

When 9 of the same planet blocks are placed in a rectangular shape, where the dimensions are at least 2 blocks in width and 3 blocks in height, the portal that connects to the respective planet will be created.

To create a block of the planet you want to spawn in, here's how it works. Let's go to the Planet: 03 example.

Each of the planets requires the same recipe, with the Lunas Ingots, but the middle piece is different for each one.

Let's say we wanted to go Planet: 03. Planet: 03 is a planet that thrives with gold. Lots and lots of gold. Nothing much other than some villages and hills, both made out of gold.

To create the Planet: 03 Blocks, we would put 8 Lunas Ingots in a crafting grid, and in the middle is where a golden nugget will be placed, thus creating a Planet: 03 Block.

If you wish to spawn on a random planet, you'll use the random planet blocks generated by 9 Lunas Ingots.

While in The Lunas, it'll seem as if there's little to no gravity -- the player is given an infinite amount of Jump Boost VI, as well as Feather Falling I.

It is possible to build a bridge to the other planets, but each of the planets is at least 10,000+ blocks away, so...

Is this a good idea for a dimension? I'd love to hear your feedback! Any and all constructive criticism is advised.
Chirro
Level 2 : Apprentice Network