forum Forumsplay_arrow Minecraft fiber_manual_record Projects

What about this?

1 emerald11 replies194 views
created 12/12/2017 1:24 pm by TomConn
last reply 12/17/2017 8:23 pm
Hello again PMC Community!
So hello, I'm TomConn, and I used to be a pro builder (I did commissions, and paid World Edit teachings)

Now a few years back I lost interest because I felt like the fun in Minecraft disappeared in the money. Now I'm back here a few years later, and I've seen SO many Faction, Prison, Towny, Creative servers start up without a proper spawn, or mines, or anything really.

So I've come up with an idea which I want your opinion on:

As an old Builder who has done commissions, and still got contacts, would you people be interested if I created something like: "20 Awesome Faction Spawns to Your server", "A-Z Mines for OP Prison", "Creative Spawns for all sizes!" which would be free to use, and free to download.
Basiclly the idea is to create small "Start-up" packs for new servers so that when people join then won't join a world filled with... Well garbage ;p

Lemme know why you vote Yes/No/Don't Care in the comment section below.
If this turns out positive I would very much like to create these packs for you guys! :)

Thanks for your time!
-TomConn!
Posted by avatar
TomConn
Level 40 : Master Pixel Puncher

11 replies

12/15/2017 6:24 pm
Level 19 Journeyman Dragon
Kaotic Kingdom
I like this idea, people could create good servers with these!
12/16/2017 4:36 am
Level 40 Master Pixel Puncher
TomConn
I'm glad to hear that, but if I may ask - Would you (if you have / had a server) actually use some of it?
12/17/2017 8:23 pm
Level 19 Journeyman Dragon
Kaotic Kingdom
Yes, I would most likely.
12/12/2017 7:52 pm
Level 24 Expert Blockhead
Nitwick
This already exists, kinda. People just google maps and then download the first thing to catch their eyes - if they care to look.

Adding more maps for people to lazily download doesn't fix lazy owners who couldn't be bothered to develop servers, learn how they work, learn how to actually do things. The builds are just a part of that, and I don't see how saturating the community with even more prefabricated spawns to download will really contribute to the quality of up-and-coming servers.

That said, if you just want to build, just go ahead and build :p
12/15/2017 1:48 pm
TomConn
You see that's why I started this thread to begin with.
I love creating everything from Faction Spawns, to Hubs, to Prison mines, though my problem has always been that I like to create stuff like that, but I don't want someone commanding me to do it.

So I wanted to find out if there was an interest in it, or if it would just be a complete waste of time.
And so far there's a small interest, so Imma keep going for now :p
12/15/2017 5:57 pm
Nitwick
The ones who would download it are very unlikely to frequent this forum,so who knows - you'll probably get downloads. If you want to do it, just do.
12/12/2017 1:30 pm
Level 49 Master Necromancer
ethernity4ever
Bad idea, there are already free builds, and extremely cheap builds. If some one cant afford a builder (or 10$ to buy a pre built spawn) then lets be honest, that player should not run a MC server.
12/12/2017 1:33 pm
TomConn
But does that mean that they shouldn't have at least a decent quality spawn?
I'm fully aware that most of these "New Unique Servers" only last about 1 month before they close, however giving them a good time while they have their servers is my biggest concern.
12/12/2017 1:59 pm
Level 49 Master Necromancer
ethernity4ever
Well, this all ends up on the following:

Do you have that much free time? :))

90% of people that use your build will not even credit you (sadly), and 80% of them will stop after 1-2 months. So basically you will be spending a LOT of time to build something great, that will later get marked as "oh look its that spawn again that everyone used".

Its up to you. In my personal opinion its not worth the effort :)
12/12/2017 2:53 pm
TomConn
It's actually meant to become "One of those spawns everyone uses", and it's not just Spawns. I know I can't convince you that this is a good idea, but I hope you'll understand my point of view :)

While yes, some may see it as a 'Waste of time' but I actually enjoy creating everything from mines, to hubs, to spawns. The problem back when I did commissions was that people always wanted more, and I couldn't say no because they were paying me.

But with this, I can create what I love without having some 12 year old nagging me about how his spawn now needs 12 more shops when he only paid for 10 ;p
12/15/2017 8:31 am
Nitwick
My take is that "one of those spawns everyone uses" is lazy and indicates a lack of desire to have something made that suits their own server. A lack of image and identity, so to speak, that drives them to take a spawn from the internet and omit a possible way to make the server stand out in any way.

I prefer joining and seeing handcrafted builds, even if they're not particularly good, as compared to a spawn that I can almost guarantee was downloaded.

Search

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2018
planetminecraft.com

Welcome