What mob grinders would be needed by a city?

InsanityShard's Avatar InsanityShard12/25/18 6:11 pm
1 emeralds 206 4
12/27/2018 4:14 pm
InsanityShard's Avatar InsanityShard
I'm working on a city in SinglePlayer, but I'm using mods to help. One of them I have is SpawnerCraft, which lets me make mob spawners for pretty much any non boss mob. I'm working on a big hostile mob factory, and was wondering what hostile mobs you recommend? It's an ocean city with heavy focus on detailing, like a canal for supplies and it already has separate animal farms for food, wool, milk and eggs. I'm already planning on making it for Endermen, Guardians, Skeletons and Spiders.
InsanityShard
Level 1 : New Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/26/2018 11:08 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
InfiniteCorners
I'd like to start by pointing out that you don't need a mod to create mob-spawners in minecraft. Any spawner, if right-clicked with a spawn egg will become a spawner for that mob. I don't know if you've tried making an enderman grinder in the overworld yet but you're going to need a whole lot of teleport-proofing with that one and I don't think I'd attempt it anywhere other than very high in the air or deep under an ocean. That said, some of the best hostile mobs to make a grinder for IMO would be creepers, ghasts, wither skeletons and possibly witches. If your mod lets you make a spwner for something like iron golems then that would be a good one too. Ultimately it's a matter of what you want to produce but since creepers can be used to produce mob heads and music discs as well as exp and gunpowder I'd call them the best.
12/27/2018 12:53 amhistory
InsanityShard
I actually do need a mod for it, I'm building it in 1.12.2 Java Edition. Can't just click and go on there and I'm not good at the whole command coding thing. Thanks for letting me know about the Creepers, hadn't really considered them but it makes a lot of sense. =D
12/27/2018 3:10 amhistory
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
InfiniteCorners
The ability to change a mob spawner using a spawn egg in vanilla minecraft was added in 1.8, specifically snapshot 14w28b https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/14w28b#Changes Just to make sure I wasn't mistaken I just loaded up 1.12.2, gave myself a spawner and egg, and as soon as I right-clicked the placed pig spawner it became a creeper spawner. As you can see, I am clearly in vanilla 1.12.2 and the only mod I use is optifine. If you're only making spawners that use spawn egg mobs then you most likely haven't needed that mod in years.
12/27/2018 4:14 pmhistory
InsanityShard
Damn, never knew that. Guess I can go ahead and up this map to 1.13 and work on it overall again instead of trying to figure out the mob factory before continuing. Thanks!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome