World Record Attempt Pixel Art

Thorlar's Avatar Thorlar12/25/14 9:49 am
12/25/2014 6:18 pm
D_A_T_H's Avatar D_A_T_H
Hi people!

I haven't been here in a while as I've poured all my time lately into making a world record sized pixel art by hand in Minecraft, whilst streaming it on Twitch. So sorry about lack of activity. I was considering using my old thread, but I'm going to start doing regular record attempts, so figured a new thread for those would fit better and smaller projects in between goes in my old thread.

So anyway, I'm going to list the specifics down below and whilst some googling might find you other builds that claim/show bigger sizes, none has provided enough evidence of having actually placed every single block by hand, something I myself am able to provide through all my past broadcasts the past month on Twitch. I'm also going to send this evidence to Guinness to see if I can get a certificate (as they do hand such out for video evidence of world records being set/broken). So onward to the specifics:

Build time: Approximately 150 hours.
Amount of blocks: 179.000 on the dot.
Character in the picture: Victorique from Gosick.
Also adding the original picture for comparison.

For the proof of me having built it by hand, feel free to visit the past broadcasts here.

My finished result.

The original picture.

Thank you for taking your time to check this project out, and my next attempt will be 1.128.960 blocks big to raise the bar quite a bit on my world record attempts. If you want to check my attempt out (with some minor other gaming here and there), my streaming schedule is at the bottom of this post.

Thorlar on Twitch.
Streams at 10am-6pm GMT+1 on weekdays. (I'm swedish)

Temporary note: I'm on holidays atm, so the schedule will resume on the 5th of January.

Merry christmas everyone, and a happy new year!
Thorlar
Level 1 : New Crafter