Anyone looking for a redstone tutorial?

waltersm96's Avatar waltersm9612/17/16 10:05 pm
1 emeralds 477 6
12/22/2016 5:27 pm
waltersm96's Avatar waltersm96
I'm working on a script for a series of redstone tutorial videos and I'm wondering if this is something people would still want. I'd go through everything from really basic redstone stuff to really advanced circuits. Along the way I also plan on showing different applications of theoretical circuits and stuff (elevators, train stations, automated farms, sorted storage, etc.).

Let me know what you guys think or if you have any suggestions! Thanks c:
waltersm96
Level 1 : New Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/22/2016 1:00 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
nitekram
I would be interested...if you already made them, why not upload them? I mean, the worst that can happen - no one watches them, but as I am wanting to understand redstone, I have been watching quite a few.
12/22/2016 5:27 pm
waltersm96
I'm still working on them right now. I hadn't even really started more than a really basic outline when I opened this thread. Should start posting shortly after the New Year ^-^
12/19/2016 9:02 am
Level 40 : Master Engineer
Carnivore
waltersm96
QiannaWish you the best, but there are many tutorials, guides and goodness of this sort, and frankly I don't feel that another one would make a difference./quote]

Yeah, that's why I wanted to post here first, kind of see what people thought. There are a lot out there. Looking through stuff though I think it's harder to find good quality "this is how redstone works and this is all the stuff you need to know to design your own circuits" videos. The "this is a schematic of a thing, but I'm not going to explain it at all" videos are everywhere.

Having a pretty good education in real-world circuit design, I would really like to see more stuff teaching about designing circuits (which could be applied to real-world electronics in many cases)

It's practically easier to modify existing circuits you just KNOW how to build, not necessarily understand. Designing circuits from scratch is rather unpopular, IMHO.

I would most definitely like seeing tutorials that teach, rather than show, but... for reasons mentioned, you won't know how it turns out until after you do it.
12/18/2016 3:13 pm
waltersm96
[quote="Qianna"]Wish you the best, but there are many tutorials, guides and goodness of this sort, and frankly I don't feel that another one would make a difference./quote]

Yeah, that's why I wanted to post here first, kind of see what people thought. There are a lot out there. Looking through stuff though I think it's harder to find good quality "this is how redstone works and this is all the stuff you need to know to design your [i]own[/i] circuits" videos. The "this is a schematic of a thing, but I'm not going to explain it at all" videos are everywhere.

Having a pretty good education in real-world circuit design, I would really like to see more stuff teaching about designing circuits (which could be applied to real-world electronics in many cases)
12/17/2016 11:03 pm
Level 40 : Master Engineer
Carnivore
Wish you the best, but there are many tutorials, guides and goodness of this sort, and frankly I don't feel that another one would make a difference.

Whatever floats your boat, though
12/17/2016 10:54 pm
Level 48 : Master Pixel Painter
Digiflower5
Sounds fun
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome