Challenge! calling out to expierenced commandblock users!

romowodajo's Avatar romowodajo8/15/16 6:47 am
1 emeralds 632 7
8/25/2016 6:10 pm
JozyP's Avatar JozyP
hello everybody, i have a challenge for you.

i made a ship, and now im trying to make it move using command blocks. i could not make it work unfortunatly.
however, i am terrible with redstone and command blocks. so im asking for your assistance. see it as a challenge

here is what im trying to make:

- im trying to use command blocks to move the entire structure 1 block forward everytime the block is powered. the structure does not need to move smoothly, or glide or anything, just a ''cut-paste'' forward.

- there must be seperate command blocks for a ''turn 90 degrees'' both ways. the turning point would be the center of the ship. also, the ship must be able to move sideways, for tricky navigation. however, since these will not be used often, i would like to have these below decks.

- each time the foward or turn button is pressed, the empty space the ship leaves behind, needs to be filled again with water. for the ''forward'' movement this doesnt seem hard to do, but to do it for the ''turn'' movement, would be tricky i suppose.

- the inventory of chests in the ship must come along with the ship. im not sure if this can be done using a clone command or something.

- im not sure this is possible, but i would like to have any players on the ship being teleported along with the ship. to prevent the ship from moving under your feet away from you.

now. here are some things that i suppose would be extra hard to do, but if it could be done, it would be awesome ^^

- a button for placing a longboat (ship's rowboat) alongside the ship, which uses the same controls as the ship, so that you can use the longboat to row ashore. another button in the rowboat would remove it again.

- a sort of similar system could be used to set the sails. the uppper half of the ship (from where the masts begin) could be ''replaced'' by one where the sails are set, and another button could remove it again and replace it by a version where the sails are hauled down.

if you are interested in doing this for me, or helping me with the commands, i would be very, very gratefull. if you are interested, please contact me, and i will send you more details.

Cheers, Romowodajo
romowodajo
Level 36 : Artisan Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/25/2016 6:10 pm
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
JozyP
I would suggest using 3D models instead of actual builds and command blocks. I've used command blocks, and I've used 3D Models, and I know for a fact that you should use 3D Models. Just make an invisible Armor Stand riding a boat wearing an item on it's head. Then the player can ride an actual boat, but it looks like a ship. Also, there will be no lag and it will sail smoothly.
08/25/2016 5:49 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Cyborg
Pepijn
Suphacker_Tem
PepijnInstead of using the clone command, I would suggest using the structure block in 1.10.

Only thing(s) with that is (DUH) Structure blocks CAN"T be powered by redstone and WHAT would you do with the duplicate copies left behind? Go with /clone.

They can and you know normally /clone also leaves copies behind right? People solve that by increasing the boundary box to include one layer of air (so that will remove excessive blocks left behind)
08/25/2016 3:29 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
Suphacker_Tem
Chase2020JI'm a command blocks novice, but I'm pretty sure to teleport players with the ship, you can use /tp @a ~1 ~0 ~0. That will move all players one block forward on the x axis. So, if the boat is moving forward, you could use that, or /tp @a ~0 ~0 ~1 to move one forward on the Y axis. This also works with negatives like this: /tp @a ~-1 ~0 ~0.

For a novice, that's a good Idea. along with /clone, It almost works.(except for turning.)
08/25/2016 3:27 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
Suphacker_Tem
PepijnInstead of using the clone command, I would suggest using the structure block in 1.10.

Only thing(s) with that is (DUH) Structure blocks CAN"T be powered by redstone and WHAT would you do with the duplicate copies left behind? Go with /clone.
08/16/2016 1:13 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Cyborg
Pepijn
Instead of using the clone command, I would suggest using the structure block in 1.10.

It allows for rotation as well (in multiplies of 90 degrees)
08/15/2016 1:01 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
Chase2020J
I'm a command blocks novice, but I'm pretty sure to teleport players with the ship, you can use /tp @a ~1 ~0 ~0. That will move all players one block forward on the x axis. So, if the boat is moving forward, you could use that, or /tp @a ~0 ~0 ~1 to move one forward on the Y axis. This also works with negatives like this: /tp @a ~-1 ~0 ~0. Hope this helps!
08/15/2016 11:32 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Miner
MC_Master123
this is pretty simple to do if you know the correct command.
Try
/clone <x1> <y1> <z1> <x2> <y2> <z2> <x> <y> <z> replace move

Unfortunately, I dont know a way to rotate the ship

Maybe mess around with the clone command?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome