Command block pressure plate 1.13.1

Zenit's Avatar Zenit10/18/18 8:24 am
2 emeralds 3.1k 4
11/27/2018 3:30 pm
DrownedPound's Avatar DrownedPound
Hello,

I just got back into Minecraft after a long long time and I started working on an adventure map.

Right now I'm trying to do some new cool redstone contraptions but I've got some issues with the new command block system.

What I want to do is to simply make redstone activate when a player moves close to the command block.
I have a secret door that should open but I really don't want to use regular pressure plates.

I know that command block pressure plates used to be possible but I really need some help here.

If any of you redstone geniuses can help me out it would be greatly appreciated!
Zenit
Level 1 : New Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/27/2018 3:30 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Pokemon
DrownedPound
just use radius
10/18/2018 12:32 pmhistory
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
InfiniteCorners
If I'm understanding correctly you're talking about how you used to be able to use /testfor @p[r=5] in a repeating command block and a comparator would output a signal if someone came within that radius. If that's the case you can still do the exact same thing only the command and syntax has changed to /execute if entity @p[distance=..5] This command will execute from the position of a command block, to execute from a different location (like your door) you'd specify that in the targeting selector like so: /execute if entity @p[x=100,y=64,z=100,distance=..5] This will turn the comparator on if a player comes within 5 blocks of 100 64 100 and will deactivate when they are not in that area.

Hope that helps. There are a lot of things /execute can do and I don't think I can be much more helpful without more details of what, exactly you want to have happen. Remember that for these to work the way you want they should be in a Repeating Commandblock that is Always Active and should be in an area that's loaded when the player is at the target area (meaning nearby on in the spawn chunks).
10/18/2018 12:42 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Zenit
I think this might be just what I am looking for.

To be more specific with what it is I want to do, I want a player to walk into a corridor and when the player comes within 2 block from the command block, it sends a signal that triggers the redstone that I have connected to a trapdoor.

I have yet to try what you told me but if that is what it'll do then it's just what I needed!
10/18/2018 1:30 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
InfiniteCorners
Yeah, that command should do it for you even without the coordinate targeting criteria. The only problem I could foresee is that this activates when the player gets in range and deactivates when they're outside so it'll only work IF your door is within the 2 block radius activation area near the command block. There are ways to modify it to make it more versatile- using the coordinates to target the position of the trapdoor might make it a little better in terms of function.

I just wasn't sure if it was one of those things where the command block would be powering a circuit 20+ blocks on direction and that activating a door 20+ blocks a different direction depending on if a player is in a completely different 4th location. This would also be totally possible and no big deal using combinations of /execute and /setblock but it doesn't seem like you need anything that complex.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome