Custom crafting command issues 1.12

Numinion's Avatar Numinion1/18/18 7:36 am history
1 emeralds 172 2
1/18/2018 7:17 pm
Numinion's Avatar Numinion
Okay so, first off I'm new to the redstone side of minecraft and I recently found a video showing me how to create the custom crafting commands and I tried it out. It worked fine in my testing world, I rebuilt it, it worked, copied it with structure blocks in the same world, no problem! The issues arose when i tried to re do it outside that one particular world. I attempted to test it in every world I have made on this computer but it didn't work on a single one of them, no matter how I configured it.

The set up is the following:

Dropper to use for crafting (XYZ source)

Dropper with recipe
Command block (pointing into the comparator) with this command: /testforblocks ~ ~ ~1 ~ ~ ~1 xyz
Redstone comparator
Block
Command block with this command: clone ~ ~ ~-1 ~ ~ ~-1 xyz
Dropper with the item i want to craft using the recipe

Anyone know how to get this to work because currently the comparator doesn't seem to register that the first command is being executed.
Oddly enough I added a button to see if i could test it manually only to end up with an infinite item generator, it's cool but not what I was in need of for my map.

Here is the video I based it off of, I constructed it to the letter and it only works in the one world i initially tested it in despite at least close to 80 attempts at rebuilding it in different worlds, pre existing and newly created for the purpose of testing. Ive tried everything I can think of and it refuses to work outside that one world:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2OaGBhFy9M
Numinion
Level 15 : Journeyman Explorer