FTL in Minecraft

ABlindSniper115's Avatar ABlindSniper11510/1/13 7:46 pm
1 emeralds 345 4
10/2/2013 9:40 am
ABlindSniper115's Avatar ABlindSniper115
(I just tried to post this thread but it didn't seem to work... so I'm trying again. Hopefully this thread won't end up on the forums twice.)

For those of you who don't know, FTL is an indie strategy game set in the distant future, where you are traveling through space trying to reach a certain destination. If you want to know more, you can check out it's wiki here. ---> http://ftlwiki.com/wiki/FTL:_Faster_Than_Light_Wiki

So recently I've started making a FTL minigame in Minecraft using redstone. So far, it's come out pretty well. I have functional systems that can take damage and be repaired, delays between activating a system repair to actual completion, weapon charge times, randomizers for the result when you press particular buttons, and even an automated enemy ship. However, there is one thing I am missing that I need to complete the map that I just cannot figure out how to do. The health system, or to use FTL lingo, "Hull Integrity".

I have searched the internet for how to do this, but have found no helpful videos. You can tell me how I could achieve this any way you want, but I would prefer that you do it by posting a commentated video with good+ quality, as I would be more likely to understand how it works that way, and therefore be able to modify it if necessary.

So here are my requirements for it...
-Only requires 1 input to remove 1 HP at a time.
-Able to simulate large amounts of HP (20+ HP), preferably without taking up too much room.
-Relatively simple and easy-to-understand, so I can modify it as necessary.

I will appreciate any help on this. This is the one thing of the entire minigame that completely befuddles me.
ABlindSniper115
Level 34 : Artisan Creeper